Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I find a bit ridiculous with this fig is that its pants have belt loops, yet you can't use them since the belt cannot be removed without cutting it...I'm thinking I'll try to cut the belt somewhere it won't show and carefully re-glue it once I pass it in the loops.

That would be a mistake. :horror

The only thing I find a bit ridiculous with this fig is that its pants have belt loops, yet you can't use them since the belt cannot be removed without cutting it...I'm thinking I'll try to cut the belt somewhere it won't show and carefully re-glue it once I pass it in the loops.

You can split the belt buckle and reglue it later..
IMG_0627-horz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

When I saw that on the figure I went and got another brown belt and a WWII jump knife to add to my Cap. It wont be screen acc. but I mod most of my figures to my liking anyway. I'm just waiting to get my hands on him to see how he turns out.

You don't wear a holster belt through your belt loops. the loops are for a pants belt. Just like a police officer would wear. Look at the T1000, he came with a belt for his pants and the duty belt for his holster and equipment. But nobody put the pants belt on underneath because it just doesn't work in 1/6 like it does in human scale. If you must have a belt run through his belt loops use a military web belt like Indiana Jones wears.

I'm the same way. My figures don't get much action after they come out of the box either.

I have a mixed approach to figures and posing. Some figures are of dynamic characters, have cloth costumes, and are just begging to be posed and reposed, i.e. Spidey - it's almost a sin not to. Those are figure that, for me, have a high "fun factor". Then there are figure that are more delicate, intricate, posing is a more complex affair, but they have such cool swap out features that you just want to change up their look once in awhile, i.e. Mark V and VI Iron Man with the interchangeable BD armor. I imagine DX Jack Sparrow will be much the same, with the two heads and tons of accessories. Then there's the figures that are sooo delicate and difficult to pose that you're almost afraid to touch them, i.e. exclusive OC Batman/Bruce Wayne (I literally had vinyl gloves on when I took this one out of the box, after reading the damage reports on these forums!); with a figure like this, you futz it, find a pose - preferable a neutral one - and leave it be. This kind of figure is like some sort of museum piece, awesome to look at, but maybe not so much "fun".

Cap should fall into that first "high fun factor" category, but it sounds from the reviews like he actually is in the second, largely due to hands and head falling off whenever you try to pose him. That's too bad, but not a deal breaker for me - I just love the character too much and he looks badass here! I'm really looking forward to the USO/rescue version, as he has that classic WWII Cap look that I'm jonesin' for; I hope he doesn't have any articulation problems, as I want to pose that guy a lot! When HT finally gets around to Red Skull, this will be the version I have squaring off against him. Heck, I might even try to round up a 1/6 Hitler for Cap to sock in the jaw - not the right costume to be movie accurate, but oh well! :)

Yeah I was hoping the shield would be metal too :< saw the belt issue as soon as I opened it,was thinking i had a bad one lol I will take it off and put it back on though the belt loop.
picture.php

Guys, does anyone know if Cap's costume would work as well on a more muscular body, like the new HT Supes for instance? Anyone ever tried a body transplant?

Back