Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maxicollector serves as our local SSC branch,
while Neverland Toys functions similar to AE, CSC, BBTS etc. in that the store gives good discounts for pre-orders.

There are also tons of smaller sellers but most of them sell these figures at a premium.

Is there some unwritten rule that people who supply the first in hand pictures have to make them blurry and washed out with camera flash? Sort of like how the people who photograph Bigfoot and UFOs?

Is there some unwritten rule that people who supply the first in hand pictures have to make them blurry and washed out with camera flash? Sort of like how the people who photograph Bigfoot and UFOs?

Hey we take pride and work hard to take crap pics :monkey3

That is definatly not the Captain America figure. Looks more like some swamp gas or a guy in a Gorilla costume.

I don't get why he is rivering all of a sudden, there are quite a few in hand pics of this figure from various users in this thread posted awhile back.

My last pic posted was blurry and with flash, i like it...i posted it.

i never said cap or the film was more iconic than the superman films...just that I believe the figure is overall a better figure because of how much "more" there is to it for the price than the relatively plain, albeit accurate, Superman which costs much more

I'm trying to base it solely on the figure, as if I had no idea who Cap or Superman were. If they were bother the same price, I would say that Cap would probably still come out on top but since Supes is on average $50 I would say there is no comparison.
I can see what you are saying, but even there, articulation could be a factor. I believe OMG said that the articulation was problematic, and with 1/6th scale figures, that detracts from the overall appeal--as a figure--when this is the case and your ability to pose the figure is limited. I think it really hurts my DX-02 Batman, which is essentially a statue whose arms I can slightly bend and whose head and eyes can be moved around. I'm guessing Cap has more poseability based on the pics I've seen, but it seems a far cry from what can be done with Supes.

Obviously you want a good range of motion but for me while its nice I tend to pick a pose and keep them in it. I guess I don't take full advantage of this type of collectible since I treat them like 1:6th mini statues.

I always appreciate the service people do when posting their pics. Threads easily get derailed when pics are scarce and I know not everyone spends hundreds on expensive cameras, lightboxes, lenses, tripods, etc and just want to show their awesome figures. Keep them coming any way you feel like it

Obviously you want a good range of motion but for me while its nice I tend to pick a pose and keep them in it. I guess I don't take full advantage of this type of collectible since I treat them like 1:6th mini statues.

:horror You're gonna get beard slapped by 1/6th elitists for that!

BeardSlap.gif
:lol

I can see what you are saying, but even there, articulation could be a factor. I believe OMG said that the articulation was problematic, and with 1/6th scale figures, that detracts from the overall appeal--as a figure--when this is the case and your ability to pose the figure is limited. I think it really hurts my DX-02 Batman, which is essentially a statue whose arms I can slightly bend and whose head and eyes can be moved around. I'm guessing Cap has more poseability based on the pics I've seen, but it seems a far cry from what can be done with Supes.

That's a good point too. I dont have either in hand yet but it seems like there isnt a realistic pose that Cap can't do. Maybe the elbow articulation isnt as good as it could be...

I do the same. I dont play with these guys. I display them. That means I get them in a cool pose then leave them like that for a while.

I always appreciate the service people do when posting their pics. Threads easily get derailed when pics are scarce and I know not everyone spends hundreds on expensive cameras, lightboxes, lenses, tripods, etc and just want to show their awesome figures. Keep them coming any way you feel like it

I agree and definitely appreciate a good supply of early pics. But people should at least take two minutes to make sure its bright enough or not too bright for the pictures...and take a second or two to steady the camera (or cell phone) so the picture isnt as blury as looking out a fogged up window lol

I'm the same way. My figures don't get much action after they come out of the box either.

:goodpost:

Back