Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I know Spider-man is an exception to what seems to be the continuing nrom now. Maybe Superman too mind you, but HT's track record has not been good lately.

Spider-Man had loads of issues, I got a good one but some people's were really messed up, lumpy heads, webbing coming off the suit, weird lumpy shoulders etc.

Can't wait for Cap! He looks great (although not quite as blown away by the in-hand pics as I was the prototype).

Last edited:
I have to admit im a bit miffed Caps doesn't look like he did in the proto pics as that would have been the best looking fig in my collection. But he still looks good enough.

I am considering not pre-ordering some figures in future, and instead buying after ive seen in hand pics. The slight drop in quality, general rubber/leaky issues etc with some of their figs and bullcrap changes are pissing me right off. Sort it out hot toys ffs.

Where is all this hate coming from?? I don't get it. People are complaining about washed out, blurry, crappy pictures?! Go back some pages and check out some real pictures. Oh and guess what, his helmet in the movie NEVER matched his outfit. It's supposed to be darker. So yeah, accurate.
Captain-America-Film-Still-Chris-Evans.jpg

I swear people just beg for perfection. It's a toy. A damn fine one at that.

My only issue is with the headsculpt as its not the 1 shown in the proto pics which looked better. I dont ask for perfection i ask to see what im buying before i buy it so i can decide if i want it or not. Dont get me wrong he still looks good but not as good as i believed he would be.

IMO the headsculpt actually looks better to be honest and more like Evans than the original. With that being said, I could care less who is underneath there, as long as it's Captain America under the helmet.

Problem Bob, is that when ordering prototypes that is the chance you are taking and they always say "subject to change". Sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better. To me, it's as good or better. Differences are way too minimal for me to notice.

Yeah good point Marker. I'm just pissed with all these silly defects etc hot toys has as they are mounting up and driving me a bit potty lol.

New head sculpt looks like ____ IMO. Not because it doesn't look like the actor (it never did) just because it looks ugly and bait cheap. Real pity. I think it's safe to say the HT proto vs production safety net is no longer there. We are seeing some very patchy quality for the first time.

Where are the fanboys gone who used to swear every HT production release looked ether than the proto?

Not anymore.

From what I know Spider-man is an exception to what seems to be the continuing nrom now. Maybe Superman too mind you, but HT's track record has not been good lately.

1) Alice: people say that the head was changed to look worse than the prototype pictures, i believe there are other issues.

2) Batman/Bruce Wayne SDCC exl: Undersized head, most have shiny foreheads from the tape. All have dents in the right side of the rubber suit. Cape is junk and won't stay on. Rubber is made out of a cheaper, thinner material than the original, almost sure to rot, a lot have broken ankles in the package.

3) Indiana Jones: Awful looking head sculpt, many seem to have different looking head sculpts i.e. not consistent. some are bloated others undersized. Most of the problems here lies to the fact that people never liked the prototype and the final version looks even worse.

4) captain America: Baby blue, too tight fitting suit, worse looking head than the prototype. gaps in neck, bad movement etc.

This is looking bad folks, it seems like HT may have reached their peak and they are dangerously treading the route of falling from grace.

:exactly::goodpost:
I have been thinking this for a while now. Only Superman seems to be defect free (apart from some misplaced S logos).

my opinion is that hot toys has reached the top of this business and they think they are untouchable. They have no competition not even enterbay, and they think that they can release all the figures they want and people will buy them. Sadly this is true. No matter how plagued our figures have been with qc issues we continue to buy these figures. So hot toys sees this as a sign that they can release under par figures like indy, capt, dx batman, bruce wayne exc etc. And it would be fine with us. It's our fault now that we keep getting these bad figures. Hot toys has become untouchable. Their sales won't go down because we will always buy these figures. We buy now and sell later. We buy these figures to see how they turned out and if we don't like them what do we do? We resell them. Does ht care that we resell these figures? No! They made the money off that figure already. It doesn't matter that were unhappy with them we buy them anyway. Numbers don't lie. Hot toys will make money no matter what kind of product they release. Good figures bad figures people will buy it. So why not go for the cheaper material to release the same figure?

i agree people need to stop buying if the quality keeps on getting worse

New head sculpt looks like ____ IMO. Not because it doesn't look like the actor (it never did) just because it looks ugly and bait cheap. Real pity. I think it's safe to say the HT proto vs production safety net is no longer there. We are seeing some very patchy quality for the first time.

Where are the fanboys gone who used to swear every HT production release looked ether than the proto?

Not anymore.

The likeness on the Indy looks worse though. I am still getting this and Supes but may stop with the rest

Those are some awesome pics, dude! :rock :rock :rock
Can't wait to get mine!

:goodpost::goodpost: ^^^ This

Lord-22's pics are awesome.

The more I see this the more I can't wait for it.

I really don't get all the hating.
Proto's change & the in hand pics don't look that different to my (admitedly untrained) eye

Granted that QC on the neck seam looks a little bad but that is the only thing I've seen or read on here so it doesn't seem that widespread.

Anywho I'm stoked even if some of you aren't

Bring on the Cap :yess::yess:

Neil

This figure looks amazing!
I'm glad I ordered it.
I don't see any problem with it at all.
This forum has a lot of people who nit pick the slightest little thing.
If you don't like it,cancel it, so some one else can pick it up.
Also there are a lot of talented people in this forum too, if you buy it and don't like it I'm sure some one here can repaint it for you.
People make capes for Vader etc.. I'm sure some one could dye the uniform darker if theres a problem with it.
As for not buying from Hot Toys,it's not going to work.
I mean they put out a lot of quality figures and no one can touch them.
You think if a handful of people stop buying from them,just from this message board,it'll make a difference?
Not really,no.
Other people buy from them,they may not be members here or on any other board,they're just happy loyal customers.
This IJMO.
I'll gladly display CAP along side THOR and the soon re-released Iron Man Mark I!

Guess it's the new trend, seems every release is going to go through this, crying and complaining. Someone post a crappy photo, with no explanation why he doesn't like it. And just like wildfire the Mob mentality sets in. The torches are lit and the castle is stormed. :cuckoo:

Bring on the Cap :yess::yess:

Neil

:exactly:

At first I was thinking of maybe cancelling this for the USO/Rescue Cap and get the Avengers Cap next year to get him in his iconic suit.
But after seeing all these awesome pics, there's no way I'm cancelling this. I might get USO/Rescue Cap as well and skip the Avengers one. That modern suit of his just doesn't look as cool and realistic as this WWII one! :rock :rock :rock

Back