Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hulk would be a action figure nightmare at that scale.

None of his joints except for his pelvic area is hidden.

Hulk is massive, his limbs have too much girth. His joints and pegs that go along with it would be huge and noticeable. You could not do swappable feet or hands, imagine how the jointed area of his ankles and wrists would have to look... yeah, ridiculous.

Joints works for Avatar Sully because he's a skinny dude. They would have to do a rubber body to prevent Hulk from looking like a cheap action figure.

Hulk is massive, his limbs have too much girth. His joints and pegs that go along with it would be huge and noticeable. You could not do swappable feet or hands, imagine how the jointed area of his ankles and wrists would have to look... yeah, ridiculous.

Joints works for Avatar Sully because he's a skinny dude. They would have to do a rubber body to prevent Hulk from looking like a cheap action figure.

I think you do have a point. A 1/6 scaled Hulk figure would be very large, and would require some huge ratchet joints just to stand up properly.

For Hulk, I'd rather go with a statue.

What joints would Hulk have in his pelvic area? :naughty

I disagree. a simple, up-scaled t-800 style body with special legs would work just fine. Ok, perhaps not simply up-scaled, but it's a good place to start.

If Hasbro ( or was it toy-biz?) can make a 12 inch hulk figure that looks aces for 25$ a few years ago, i have faith that the company who figured out how to make the Iron Monger, both batmobiles
and tons of other products with advanced engineering can figure out how to make a roughly 16 inch tall articulated Hulk Figure.

Finally saw the movie today, can't wait for this awesome figure! Wish it did come with an Evans headsculpt though, and bring on Red Skull!!!

I'm with Lerath, Hot Toys have been on a rampage lately and all their new stuff coming out have been phenomenal. I doubt they would do a mediocre hulk. Looking at the Iron Monger if they can make it that size, It is seriously gonna be an insane looking figure.

I'm with Lerath, Hot Toys have been on a rampage lately and all their new stuff coming out have been phenomenal. I doubt they would do a mediocre hulk. Looking at the Iron Monger if they can make it that size, It is seriously gonna be an insane looking figure.

Hulk would be the king of any collection no doubt. (at least size wise.:rotfl)
Would love to pose Superman in a combat with hulk. That would be insane.:cuckoo:

On a related note, I think rubber bodied hulk is better than joint one, I think I am alone on this though.

Hulk would be the king of any collection no doubt. (at least size wise.:rotfl)
Would love to pose Superman in a combat with hulk. That would be insane.:cuckoo:

On a related note, I think rubber bodied hulk is better than joint one, I think I am alone on this though.

Well i'd rather suffer joints than have a HUGE Hulk possibly rot or rip over time.

Some more pictures of this beauty! I was never more confident about pre-ordering a figure like I am about this one. Can wait to have it in my shelf!

284063_192699660792032_138228759572456_551027_1581223_n.jpg

267202_192699757458689_138228759572456_551028_3289066_n.jpg

283946_192699777458687_138228759572456_551029_6194882_n.jpg

After seeing the film i certainly think a Peggy Carter figure would compliment this figure really well. Some of the best chemistry in the MCU so far, I hope she is back with Steve in a sequel!

Back