Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the first film from Amazon this morning! For some reason I only bought the second before. Weird. Anyways after watching it again I'm considering passing on this guy in hopes of getting a Blade 1 version. I always preferred the first costume with the exception of the red lining on his jacket, which was cooler than plain black, but on watching it again particularly with a fig in mind I really don't go for the second one at all...

I agree. Its just not fair when decent shows aren't given the chance to fully develop into great shows-- Firefly, Drive, or anything made by Fox.
The only problem I had with the show was the main character. I know you shouldn't compare the two, but the guy just didn't fit the role that Snipes established. I just kept laughing every time the guy started acting like Snipes.

Well the thing that saved it for me was that the lady detective who became a vamp really seemed more like the main character. Like I said before Blade always felt more like the antagonist in that show. I also liked how much they played with the "gray" nature of the vampires. Blade saw it as "black and white" or "good and evil" but it was pretty clear that it wasn't so cut and dry and Blade was just being a total a-hole.

They also played with that a bit in Blade II, although the vampires where ultimately shown as being evil.

I never gave it a shot. I saw it wasn't Wesley Snipes and just called it quits. :lol

Same here. Like the picture above, the Blade TV outfit looked like someones cheap halloween costume, so that was a turn off for me.

Maybe if its up on Hulu, i'll check it out.

same :lecture, my loyalties uphold with Snipes. :maul

I have to say for me it wasnt a case of loyalty to Snipes I just hated the other guy (whatever his name was). It seemed like his portrayal is what we would have got had Heath Ledger tried to copy Jack Nicholsons Joker. He didnt appear to bring anything new just totally copied Snipes performance. It makes it hard to keep the image of Snipes out of your mind while watching. Of course had he changed the character in a significant way I'd probably be complaining even more. Its difficult for actors I suppose. Like trying to ice skate uphill...

But to be honest I didnt watch very much of it so I could be totally wrong thats just the impression I got from what I did see.

yeah I loved that Blade tv show too. really interesting (and surprisingly cool). Shame people did the "it's not wesley snipes" thing and didnt watch it. *sigh*

Agreed Darren,that show was one of very few things I bother to watch on TV.

Well, much like other TV shows based on films (Mash, Buffy, Sarah Conner etc) the show isn't in the timeline or reality even as the film. It's "Like a movie" because that's how pilots for hour long tv shows often are.

blade-ii.jpg

i'd almost forgot cat from red dwarf was in this :lol someone must have seen the show and thought they were his real teeth.

Last edited:
Back