Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope so too. I would love a Mystique -- which I could see them tackling since Jennifer Lawrence is extremely popular now. She could even come with a Jennifer Lawrence human head sculpt.

Doesn't hold a candle to:

firstclassmagneto.jpg

Well, that photo isn't the most flattering angle for the costume.
End of the day, First Class Magneto is still in an X-Men uniform.

Would be more interested in the DOFP costume

Hot Toys can Bank on this movie, there are soo many key actors/actresses. Im 100% for Rogue (Anna Paquin) instant buy for me. Oh heck, I want to assemble the team!

Hot Toys can Bank on this movie, there are soo many key actors/actresses. Im 100% for Rogue (Anna Paquin) instant buy for me. Oh heck, I want to assemble the team!

I agree and hope you are right. But there have been 6 X-Men movies and HT has made a whopping 3 figures from all 6 movies. And all 3 Wolverine. They could have made 5-10 figures from each movie and didn't. I'll believe it when I see it.:dunno

I agree and hope you are right. But there have been 6 X-Men movies and HT has made a whopping 3 figures from all 6 movies. And all 3 Wolverine. They could have made 5-10 figures from each movie and didn't. I'll believe it when I see it.:dunno

I'm sorry to admit it, but your right. :(

You'll get Wolverine and that's that buddy. Hot Toys isn't making any other characters.

I've brought this up before as well, back in the nineties/early 2000's X-Men was big, you had the cartoon (which turned out to be such a hit it launched the Essential X-Men monthly comic book over here in the UK) which eventually was what lead to the films, now though unless you're from that era it's Ironman & The Avengers which are the money makers as far as most kids are concerned these days. If anyone doubts this you only have to cast your eye at the what seems to be the poor sales of the Last Stand Wolverine.... not even Wolverine undoubtably the most well known and popular of the X-Men doesn't sell out which is pretty damning really when A- you consider the sales of frigging Hawkeye and B- the first Wolverine figure which was missed by most and fetches such a price on the secondary market

When it comes to figures from X-Men Days of Future Past I reckon people should count themselves lucky if they finally get that McAvoy Charles Xavier and Fassbender Magneto because right now it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the first figure to be shown from the license isn't just yet another Wolverine :dunno

Were the sales figures of the Last Stand Wolverine released? It's not sold out, but niehter has Half of the Cap figures.

I think people have their Wolverine and want other characters. A Magneto would sell better than another Wolverine imo.

I'd say barring Iron Man, a new X-Man figure (that isn't Wolverine) would sell just as good or better than any of the avengers.

It'd be fresh and new, not just repeats in different costumes.

Last edited:
I'd say barring Iron Man, a new X-Man figure (that isn't Wolverine) would sell just as good or better than any of the avengers. It'd be fresh and new, not repeats just in a different costume.

I'd be willing to put money on a Xavier/Magneto failing to sell out at the same rate Hawkeye and Nick Fury did

This discussion has taken place a dozen times throughout every xmen thread. And we all agree that we would love more figures. I'm beginning to think that Howard only makes figures he likes. And he clearly doesn't like Xmen.

Or what Tommy said and the sales numbers don't warrant more in HT eyes. But we'll never know that info.

I guess it makes sense to think the sales numbers on all the Wolverines aren't great. Hot toys will make a ton of batman, predator and Iron figures. So they is willing to go deep into a license.

...I'd say barring Iron Man, a new X-Man figure (that isn't Wolverine) would sell just as good or better than any of the avengers...
I'd be willing to put money on a Xavier/Magneto failing to sell out at the same rate Hawkeye and Nick Fury did
Agreed. Avengers' character designs and costumes are overall so much better than anything we've seen from any of the X-Men films. Can't think of one design that was better than passable (aside from Wolverine, I guess, just because Jackman is perfect in the role) and none iconic enough that I'd put them on a shelf. DOFP looks pretty boring, costume wise. Can't see too many people wanting Magneto in a cheap-looking pair of pants and a tactical vest. Looks awful.

Back