1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the avengers loki looks good with the helmet, but without it looks nothing like Hiddleston.

I am slightly ashamed to admit this, but as someone who has spent way, way too much time looking at HQ pictures of Tom Hiddleston, I can tell you the sculpt is spot on. The only facial features the sculpt changed were:
  • The absence of 3 small freckles that are about 1cm away from his lips (right side)
  • Didn't include a few of the fine lines underneath his right eye
  • The sculpt's chin is slightly more square than Tom's
  • Tom has slightly noticeable smile lines, which weren't sculpted in. But given the overall menacing look this Loki has, I think that was a good choice.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I am slightly ashamed to admit this, but as someone who has spent way, way too much time looking at HQ pictures of Tom Hiddleston, I can tell you the sculpt is spot on. The only facial features the sculpt changed were:
  • The absence of 3 small freckles that are about 1cm away from his lips (right side)
  • Didn't include a few of the fine lines underneath his right eye
  • The sculpt's chin is slightly more square than Tom's
  • Tom has slightly noticeable smile lines, which weren't sculpted in. But given the overall menacing look this Loki has, I think that was a good choice.

Spoiler Spoiler:

No need to be ashamed.

Just venture into the DC section and have a gander at how many grown men wasted away 100x more time studying and arguing over Heath Ledgers facial details. :lecture

I really don't see what Hot Toys can do with another Loki from this film, bar the helmet and cape he wears the same outfit he did in the Avengers. Only a killer new HS and Odin's throne would make it worth while imo

I really don't see what Hot Toys can do with another Loki from this film, bar the helmet and cape he wears the same outfit he did in the Avengers. Only a killer new HS and Odin's throne would make it worth while imo

or unless they make a version from the first Thor film....which would sell big.

The only problem with a "Thor" Loki at this point is that Thor just isn't up the same standards as the newer Hot Toys. They've really improved recently I think. I'm very impressed by what they've been showing lately, not just in terms of likeness', but how they handle the engineering of figures. Making sleeved Thor's arms and chest sculpted armor instead of a shirt is an example. It's like The Avengers was a stepping stone and now with IM3 and Thor 2 they're finally getting these characters right.. So I'd rather see a Thor 2 Loki than a "Thor" Loki, simply because it would work better in my display. Pretty selfish I know. I do love "Thor" Loki and would be glad to get a figure of him though, but throw in a Thor 2.0 and I'd be even happier.

No helmet for Loki in The Dark World. And a slightly different costume, actually.

The one thing HT could improve over their Avengers Loki is the bulk. The figure is a bit too big. They need to use a slimmer body underneath.

I think the headsculpt could be raised to their new standards, too.

I can't wait to see it revealed. This character kicks ***.

No need to be ashamed.

Just venture into the DC section and have a gander at how many grown men wasted away 100x more time studying and arguing over Heath Ledgers facial details. :lecture

... I'm not sure what to make of that information. But thank you, now I feel slightly less pathetic.

In any case, the Avengers Loki sculpt was perfection and I hope the same holds true for the Dark World version.

It's probably been mentioned within the last 11 pages already but is it possible this is a DX? The PERS system would be great for loki and he could come with regular outfit and prison outfit.

looks like same sculpt, different outfit. promo pics need the actual figure.

HT milking it. Is there really a need for another Loki? If anything, will look just for the headsculpt, but only if it's really different as I do like the current one.

Not blind - opinionated.

Here here! There's nothing wrong with that. I like the Avengers Loki, but know some people will have the opposite opinion. I don't understand those who take offense to the opinions of others and then hurl some kind of insult. They act like they sculpted it themselves! I'm looking forward to the reveal of this new Loki.

While I agree to some extent, just because you find a headsculpt perfect doesn't mean others won't.

My point is someone can find fault with a head sulpt.... but to look at a head sculpt that clearly looks very much like the actor and say it looks nothing like the actor makes no sense. That is all.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Seeing as they released the two Thor figures right around the movie release, I'm hopeful that any additional figures will be shown no later than this coming Thursday when the movie hits theaters in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back