Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri Footsoldier

I take it you haven't seen the Avengers yet? Just curious?

Oh hell no, I've seen it many times over! Nah, I was just referring to how badly that film was spoiled before it reached the US. My opening night experience was still great, but Coulson's death and all of Hulk's scenes (save for the Thor fight) were totally given away ahead of time. Never again though! I'm boycotting this place if we have another film released abroad before it's released domestically until after I see it.

I was super pissed about all the Hulk/Loki/Thor gifs on the forums the first *@%&#! week. Seriously!

I was sooooo confused by this also.....

Back to the Vision comment, I don't remember them mentioning the LMD in the movie... But supposedly they did... When?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEp8xOE0_PU[/ame]

13 second into the video.

Oh hell no, I've seen it many times over! Nah, I was just referring to how badly that film was spoiled before it reached the US. My opening night experience was still great, but Coulson's death and all of Hulk's scenes (save for the Thor fight) were totally given away ahead of time. Never again though! I'm boycotting this place if we have another film released abroad before it's released domestically until after I see it.

I was super pissed about all the Hulk/Loki/Thor gifs on the forums the first *@%&#! week. Seriously!

Yep. I turned off sigs long ago and boycott movie threads about 2-3 months prior to the release date.

One of the best things about this release is that HT is specifically calling him a "footsoldier" which may mean they have plans to produce a chariot driver as well. :)

That would be cool. But I still want a Maria Hill figure too!

Yep. I turned off sigs long ago

Oh, man I forgot you could do that! Good plan, will do next time around. Thanks!

One of the best things about this release is that HT is specifically calling him a "footsoldier" which may mean they have plans to produce a chariot driver as well. :)

Were there a lot of armor variations? I noticed 3, foot solider, chariot driver & then the one that had the grenade type thing. His armor was very different from the others, a captain maybe?

Were there a lot of armor variations? I noticed 3, foot solider, chariot driver & then the one that had the grenade type thing. His armor was very different from the others, a captain maybe?

In terms of armor variations, I think there were some with shoulder armor and others without. I believe the Diamond Select Minimates can corroborate that information.

chit00-400x376.jpg

The packaging for the Minimates listed the more heavily armored one as a general and the other one a footsoldier.

Also there was at lease one Chitauri seen on screen in the bank hold-up scene (Where they throw the explosive at Cap and he falls out the window.) that was not wearing a helmet at all. I'll see if I can dig up a screencap of that.

TZTnuh.png

EDIT: Added images to back up what I was talking about.

Last edited:

Good catch! Now second HS makes alot of sense :)

The one without the helmet is the one that Cap throws the shield at in the bank. He had a helmet on then no helmet when he gets up.

Makes even more sense since Cap is the only AVENGER I am gettin' to display him with two of these guys :lol

I see. You may want to boycott the internet altogether when the sequel arrives in 2015. Especially places pertaining to superhero news and/or message boards such as this.

It was very hard for me to avoid spoilers as well. Luckily, only a few things were spoiled for me because I inadvertently read someone's post that didn't give any warnings about it.

Heck, if HT actually gets their stuff together, they make actually spoil some things by having TA2 products in advance of the movie release like many other toy companies do now for other films. Hasbro had TA merchandise revealed way before May of this year. Yeah, I know.... Who am I kidding, right? :cuckoo:

I see. You may want to boycott the internet altogether when the sequel arrives in 2015. Especially places pertaining to superhero news and/or message boards such as this.

It was very hard for me to avoid spoilers as well. Luckily, only a few things were spoiled for me because I inadvertently read someone's post that didn't give any warnings about it.

Heck, if HT actually gets their stuff together, they make actually spoil some things by having TA2 products in advance of the movie release like many other toy companies do now for other films. Hasbro had TA merchandise revealed way before May of this year. Yeah, I know.... Who am I kidding, right? :cuckoo:

I have already started avoiding things about upcoming movies in 2015 :lol

If HT does not get there stuff together and with so many big multi character movies in the summer of 2015, It might be 2018 before they get all the figures out :dunno

Am I the only one who would rather have a Maria Hill figure than this? Get on it,, Hot Toys!

Nope, I would rather have her :hi5:

Am I the only one who would rather have a Maria Hill figure than this? Get on it,, Hot Toys!

I want BOTH! :lecture

I have already started avoiding things about upcoming movies in 2015 :lol

If HT does not get there stuff together and with so many big multi character movies in the summer of 2015, It might be 2018 before they get all the figures out :dunno

Nope, I would rather have her :hi5:

Me too..... :love :naughty

I would prefer both. But if I can only have one, I would definitely take the big alien with gold armor and a big gun over an attractive female in a jumpsuit

:thwak

You're not alone, but you're all crazy as far as I'm concerned. I hated her the most. Did you guys even watch the alternate beginning with Smulders? There's a reason it ended up in the extended/deleted scenes play list. It was absolutely horrible.

Then again, I hate 'How I met Your Mother', blame Maria Hill for the Civil War, hate her as a character, and didn't think Smulders even put the least bit of effort into acting or looking like Agent Hill. Needless to say I'm kinda bias.

That bun she put her hair in looked ridiculous, and is so far from the hairstyle Maria Hill has always had. ***** needs to cut her hair to look like the character. Actually if she could just disappear from the movies all together I'd appreciate it. The last time Hill was even remotely noteworthy was during SEIGE. It still wasn't enough to make me like her either.

lol....and now that I've ranted about how much I hate the actress, and character...I think I'll end with how much I can't wait to get a couple Chitauri.

:thwak

You're not alone, but you're all crazy as far as I'm concerned. I hated her the most. Did you guys even watch the alternate beginning with Smulders? There's a reason it ended up in the extended/deleted scenes play list. It was absolutely horrible.

Then again, I hate 'How I met Your Mother', blame Maria Hill for the Civil War, hate her as a character, and didn't think Smulders even put the least bit of effort into acting or looking like Agent Hill. Needless to say I'm kinda bias.

That bun she put her hair in looked ridiculous, and is so far from the hairstyle Maria Hill has always had. ***** needs to cut her hair to look like the character. Actually if she could just disappear from the movies all together I'd appreciate it. The last time Hill was even remotely noteworthy was during SEIGE. It still wasn't enough to make me like her either.

lol....and now that I've ranted about how much I hate the actress, and character...I think I'll end with how much I can't wait to get a couple Chitauri.

Yes that alternate intro was terrible but as far as her acting goes, she's supposed to be kind of wooden. I thought she was MUCH better than Rose Byrne playing an "Agent" version Moira McTaggert in First Class. I hope they change her role in Days of Future Past. Other than that, I thought she was pretty damn awesome during Secret Invasion and Dark Reign, especially Dark Reign for the little she had in it. I'm actually about to start Siege. I dunno, I love Maria Hill haha.

Back