Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Group shot. Small group so far, looking forward to adding TFA Han and Chewy to it next though :)

4jFZRhG.jpg

Putting the batteries into the magnetized BB-8 head was the funniest thing I've done in collecting in a long time. Every time the batteries popped back out I laughed. They're alive!

Haha, yeah it was a bit of a pain getting them in. The first time I had one of the batteries crushing the spring so I thought I got a dud, but I put them in right and it was fine so that was a relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some quick shots of Rey:
15a370c6f77e16ee2d9a629c58baa5d0.jpg

76276f6935d5918ef1fb7d97254c826d.jpg

b7d76e934566c381f7572705e5105779.jpg

acb744e6ac0517f74a9b25923f39e193.jpg

6fc799614408627acb732aad2650a98b.jpg

00557391cc3e68aa4157d66fd8c493b0.jpg

4def3079e0c49a89babc98f6a0103369.jpg

My only gripe is that I wish she came with left relaxed hands and maybe fists for the right side, but I'm not too broken up about it.

Some quick shots of Rey:
15a370c6f77e16ee2d9a629c58baa5d0.jpg

76276f6935d5918ef1fb7d97254c826d.jpg

b7d76e934566c381f7572705e5105779.jpg

acb744e6ac0517f74a9b25923f39e193.jpg

6fc799614408627acb732aad2650a98b.jpg

00557391cc3e68aa4157d66fd8c493b0.jpg

4def3079e0c49a89babc98f6a0103369.jpg

My only gripe is that I wish she came with left relaxed hands and maybe fists for the right side, but I'm not too broken up about it.

Nice shots Ryan..yeah I can't understand why they gave her a mix of hands instead a pair each

Teeth or no teeth, you really won't be able to tell the difference from normal viewing distance on a shelf. I have one with the teeth, and I can barely see between the lips from normal viewing distance.

Agreed. Unless you have it displayed in a really bright room with the light shining directly at her, you'll never notice.

After going through the thread I'm leaning towards where you guys were the other day. Pix seems happy now so that's encouraging. I dunno....looks prettty blank but is that from overexposure? Is my wallpaper boring or have I looked at it too long?

I'll think about it, but my order was just cancelled.

This may be my favorite Star Wars figure - set actually - this year.
I was thinking the same thing as I set her and BB-8 up. She really looks incredible. Such a good job with the details. My only gripe is she seems a bit shrunken down next to the other figures, she's about Leia size, so maybe 1/6.5 scale, but as a standalone figure she kicks all sorts of ass.

So...I finally got all my scavenger pictures done(and even made use of an beloved background prop hehheh)...

Reyscavenger1.jpg
Reyscavenger2.jpg
Reyscavenger3.jpg
Reyscavenger4.jpg
Reyscavenger5.jpg
Reyscavenger6.jpg
Reyscavenger7.jpg
Reyscavenger8.jpg
Reyscavenger9.jpg
Reyscavenger10.jpg
Reyscavenger11.jpg
Reyscavenger12.jpg

Just for ya since Rey is in full Scavenger gear

Raiders of the lost Duck...The Last DVD collection..Temple of M & M's :wink1:

and this one with Luke. It's a little misty cause my wife had on the humidifier.....

Reyscavenger13.jpg
Reyscavenger14.jpg
Reyscavenger15.jpg
Reyscavenger16.jpg
Reyscavenger17.jpg
Reyscavenger18.jpg
Reyscavenger19.jpg
Reyscavenger20.jpg

Fun :) Also word to the wise, be careful with her little strip sideburn things. Mine got kind of bent wrapped up in the scavenger gear so long. Be careful. I think I straightened them up okay though.

^ skywalker in the Mist, " Honey..I shrunk Rey " or " Maz...We Shrank Ourselves "

Last edited:
No trust in fellow members on these boards?

Don't twist my words. I never insinuated distrusting anyone. All I said is these photos are being taken by different people, with different equipment, under lighting conditions. That until I see both versions in the same shot, I'm not buying it. You and guyver and everyone else who believes there are two versions in circulation could be right (meaning I'm not saying you're wrong), but your examples don't convince me, but rather solidify my point. I have teeth details on my Rey, but I can shoot two different sets where they are apparent on one set and not in the other.

But whatever, guyver already decided I'm just "fooling myself" (the emoji really sends it home), so I digress.

At least one thing is certain, between you, guyver, and myself, and teeth-gate scandal aside, we agree the figure is phenomenal.

Thanks, guyver! :duff I haven't been this impressed with a TFA figure since Kylo, and this one tops him for me.

I think the back of the headdress is held down behind the top bun and then I had to kinda yank it down in the front. It didn't feel safe trying to get that thing on in the first place, to be honest. I had a lot of trouble figuring out how it works, and I'm definitely always a bit worried about her little tendrils but they seem pretty secure on there.

My main plan has always been to display her in her full scavenger gear, but I couldn't just cover up the head sculpt day one! :lol Maybe day two.

Don't twist my words. I never insinuated distrusting anyone. All I said is these photos are being taken by different people, with different equipment, under lighting conditions. That until I see both versions in the same shot, I'm not buying it. You and guyver and everyone else who believes there are two versions in circulation could be right (meaning I'm not saying you're wrong), but your examples don't convince me, but rather solidify my point. I have teeth details on my Rey, but I can shoot two different sets where they are apparent on one set and not in the other.

But whatever, guyver already decided I'm just "fooling myself" (the emoji really sends it home), so I digress.

At least one thing is certain, between you, guyver, and myself, and teeth-gate scandal aside, we agree the figure is phenomenal.
No one really takes any of this that seriously, but you did make the proclamation that you "don't buy it" from people who have had the figure in hand (guyver and a couple others) for literally months and demanded proof. :lol The figure is great, and you're right that's something to celebrate. :hi5:

Back