Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone on Rebelscum posted that there's a specific warning in the package that leaving the head wrap on her for long periods of time could damage the paint application. Anyone else see that?

Still haven't had that issue and I've had mine for around more than a month now

my "guess" is that if you cover the hair and part of the face. If the figure is in direct sunlight its "possible" that the paint won't fade evenly. Thats just my guess.

This same warning comes with the John Matrix - Commando figure. The vest apparently stained the skin for some people. I won't ever remove his vest, so I don't care really, but Rey may not stay in scavenger mode forever, so I hope the same issue doesn't crop up.

Someone on Rebelscum posted that there's a specific warning in the package that leaving the head wrap on her for long periods of time could damage the paint application. Anyone else see that?

It's probably the same issue that the Commando figure had with the black vest and the body. The color from the vest can bleed on to the body if left in contact for a prolonged period. It's a more extreme case with the Commando figure because the vest is black.

Still haven't had that issue and I've had mine for around more than a month now
Month isn't that long a time in the grand scheme of things. I decided to grab a knock-off for full scavenger mode as I do plan to leave it on the majority of the time but definitely don't want to damage the head sculpt.

It's probably the same issue that the Commando figure had with the black vest and the body. The color from the vest can bleed on to the body if left in contact for a prolonged period. It's a more extreme case with the Commando figure because the vest is black.
Yeah, it's a shame since it's her face we're talking about. I should check on Obi-Wan and see if there was a warning about the hood there.

Yeah I saw that warning too, but assume if you just don't keep the fabric too tight against her head you'll be ok.

I'm frankly more concerned about breaking those thin and delicate strands of hair on the side of her head.

FINALLY!
06771fb8e839f8350eedd47ff10b7454.jpg

2114237120946d97bab907461af714d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine should be delivered tomorrow. Got Phasma earlier in the week but have been out of town, so it'll be a fine opening and posing Friday!!! :yess:

Is the "leather" wrist gauntlet supposed to go over the gloved hand or should it tuck into the glove cuff? That thing has zero give. I tried to push it up her forearm a bit to try and stretch it but no go.

Love this figure but like someone said there's so many accessories and looks you can achieve, it's a bit daunting. I want to use all the accessories, they're all really well done. Could use a couple more Reys but I'll just have to settle on one look and change it up in the future.

Just an FYI, I wanted to stuff the backpack so it wasn't so deflated looking. Undid the strap, put some stuffing in the pack and then proceeded to struggle with those two little rings for at least 30 minutes. I had the hardest time getting that strap to go back under and through the little brass ring. Well, at least the strap now has some unintentional weathering.

Took a few pics of mine, and I absolutely love it. Thankfully with the lighting I have the mouth guard is a non-issue, and while she is really tiny the amazing headsculpt and outfit more than makes up for it. I do feel tempted to lighten up the eyes a bit though (since they seem incredibly dark on display), and maybe flatten the chest a bit.

Just curious how one would give the figure a smaller cup size. Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

Is the "leather" wrist gauntlet supposed to go over the gloved hand or should it tuck into the glove cuff? That thing has zero give. I tried to push it up her forearm a bit to try and stretch it but no go.

Love this figure but like someone said there's so many accessories and looks you can achieve, it's a bit daunting. I want to use all the accessories, they're all really well done. Could use a couple more Reys but I'll just have to settle on one look and change it up in the future.

Just an FYI, I wanted to stuff the backpack so it wasn't so deflated looking. Undid the strap, put some stuffing in the pack and then proceeded to struggle with those two little rings for at least 30 minutes. I had the hardest time getting that strap to go back under and through the little brass ring. Well, at least the strap now has some unintentional weathering.

I think the instruction/picture showed the gauntlet can be worn with a gloved hand. However I wasn't able to get it to work, so i took it off.

You're also looking at it with an unassisted eye. When you see photos of it online, depending on the camera and/or glass it was taken with or even the display you are viewing the photo on, things could look more defined and detailed than they appear to the naked eye. People don't seem to understand this. They think adding details or whatever to such a small surface area will make things better when they are actually going to end up with something that photographs worse. Not saying it isn't possible as there are some inhuman talent out there, but the talk about taking a fine tip pen or whatever to it I've read here makes my stomach turn.

Quoting myself because until I see both versions side by side, I don't actually believe there is more than one head sculpt (eg. ones with teeth details and those without) in circulation. People are seeing different things both in-hand and in photographs. Eye details, hair details, etc. What's captured varies from photo to photo, person to person. Angle, focus, color grading, contrast, the display it's being viewed on, the camera, the photographer themselves... there are too many variables. I've seen pics that purport having no teeth details, but it's easily dismissed when everything else in photo is washed and lacks focus or definition. I don't buy it.

Quoting myself because until I see both versions side by side, I don't actually believe there is more than one head sculpt (eg. ones with teeth details and those without) in circulation. People are seeing different things both in-hand and in photographs. Eye details, hair details, etc. What's captured varies from photo to photo, person to person. Angle, focus, color grading, contrast, the display it's being viewed on, the camera, the photographer themselves... there are too many variables.

I can't vouch for everybody but my two HS are different

Just curious how one would give the figure a smaller cup size. Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

Yeah like Guyver said you can remove the cups underneath the rubber breasts. In the past I've also removed the rubber as well and sculpted a smaller bust in it's place (for when I had a custom with a tight outfit), but that probably won't be necessary here given the outfit is fairly loose with a couple different layers over top.

It might also be possible to shrink the bust by wrapping some tape tightly around the torso, but not sure how well that would really work.

I can't vouch for everybody but my two HS are different

How different? There will always be some degree of variation between paint apps between two heads. I can't imagine the difference in teeth details being night and day between them though. Again, I could be wrong, but do you have any photos illustrating the difference handy?

Back