Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't twist my words. I never insinuated distrusting anyone. All I said is these photos are being taken by different people, with different equipment, under lighting conditions. That until I see both versions in the same shot, I'm not buying it. You and guyver and everyone else who believes there are two versions in circulation could be right (meaning I'm not saying you're wrong), but your examples don't convince me, but rather solidify my point. I have teeth details on my Rey, but I can shoot two different sets where they are apparent on one set and not in the other.

But whatever, guyver already decided I'm just "fooling myself" (the emoji really sends it home), so I digress.

At least one thing is certain, between you, guyver, and myself, and teeth-gate scandal aside, we agree the figure is phenomenal.

You had to say that..you must know I love the NFL

Thanks, guyver! :duff I haven't been this impressed with a TFA figure since Kylo, and this one tops him for me.

I think the back of the headdress is held down behind the top bun and then I had to kinda yank it down in the front. It didn't feel safe trying to get that thing on in the first place, to be honest. I had a lot of trouble figuring out how it works, and I'm definitely always a bit worried about her little tendrils but they seem pretty secure on there.

My main plan has always been to display her in her full scavenger gear, but I couldn't just cover up the head sculpt day one! :lol Maybe day two.

Sorry to break it too you, but wait until you wake up in the morning with fresh eyes and see how natural morining sunlight makes her hair and outfit seem like a dream..I swear you would want to display her non scavenger look. and take dozen of close ups.

When you see the natural sunlight rub against Rey's forehead you will then see how HT intricately detailed the wrinkles, creases, makeup ( worn ) and shadows on her cheeks, I swear you'd think HT took the sculpt and baked her face in the sun :wave

Another thing that is absolute work of art is the Shin design, are you kidding me saying this is the same BW TT used, but it is with new shins attached

39027baa07330bbccf6644b7a9c43cac.jpg

She's so good!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Beautiful pics, T! :rock
Thanks, Coco! :duff

For anyone with a sphero, I think it works pretty well with Rey. Might be worth picking up that sand base though as it really gives some character to the display.

One cool note about the HT BB-8 is that it feels alive when you move it around in your hands as the head is constantly readjusting itself--a really awesome feature that I thought they were achieving with batteries, but it doesn't use the batteries as those are just for the lights. I'm a sucker for lights so I'm glad I got the HT one.

sphero-HT-sidebyside.jpg

Adjusting the head wrapping a bit (haven't really looked at screen caps for reference yet).
DSC_1281.jpg

Awesome pics TonTon.

I gotta say, despite the massive size difference, I still love seeing the two of these guys together. Although it definitely helps to have Rey a bit further up front. Side by side it's a lot more glaring just how much bigger Kylo is (and even the custom Driver head is pretty huge in comparison to her head).

rey3.jpg

rey2.jpg

Awesome pics TonTon.

I gotta say, despite the massive size difference, I still love seeing the two of these guys together. Although it definitely helps to have Rey a bit further up front. Side by side it's a lot more glaring just how much bigger Kylo is (and even the custom Driver head is pretty huge in comparison to her head).

View attachment 292991

View attachment 292992
They look way better together than I thought they would.

Has anyone tried using the long foot pegs on Rey? Just curious if she could be made a tad taller.

You might be able to make her a bit taller, but you'd still have a long ways to go before she'd look the proper height next to Kylo, so it's probably not worth the effort. And with the small head it would throw off the proportions too much anyway.

I would be curious to see some side by side comparisons with the figure and Daisy though, to see how they match up and if there's any room to increase her height at all.

Great pics of her standing next to Kylo!

All of these pics of her are making me want my figure NOW. :gah:

She looks good a bit upfront of Ren like you have her, Dave. One thing that probably helps just a bit is that Kylo's helmet isn't too large. His body is pretty massive though. He can be shortened a bit, but I don't think it's worth it there either as the robes wouldn't drape as well.

Awesome pics TonTon.

View attachment 292991

View attachment 292992

Great pictures!

Also to add, Kylo's saber hilt seems massively larger than the hilt on Anakin's saber that comes with Rey. Not sure if Kylo's hilt was actually that massive compared to other ones, or it's a further testament to just how much larger the Kylo figure is. I didn't do a side by side comparison of the two hilts, but just eyeballing it in each of their hands, Kylo's appears to be much larger.

I finally got mine the other day and opened her. Really good figure. Only complaint is the apparent lack of back/forward ankle motion but rest of figures articulation is good.

They look way better together than I thought they would.

Has anyone tried using the long foot pegs on Rey? Just curious if she could be made a tad taller.

She already has the long foot pegs that are glued to her legs, that's the problem because....

1. Since the pegs are glued, they are immobile which causes the lack of ball joint swivel to the boots and feet :slap

2. If you replace the TT with another, you lose the detail and craftsmanship of her shins :gah:

It's basically a no win trying to make her taller :thud:

It's her mod section that's to short. Legs and arms are perfectly fine

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back