Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Budget Stark - head sculpt coloration isn't as pale as the lighting makes it appear: "...it's a lot more realistic."

23603611195_3897a84090_o.png

I think Michael Crawford mentioned it in one of his TFA fig reviews, but I'm not loving the TFA weapons I've seen so far. This one looks a bit Firefly/RIPD maybe, the new stormie black/white guns look like the old Hasbro toy blasters. There weren't many OT weapons that weren't black and directly based on WWI/WWII weapons, so these don't quite feel SW, or at least OT.

I think Michael Crawford mentioned it in one of his TFA fig reviews, but I'm not loving the TFA weapons I've seen so far. This one looks a bit Firefly/RIPD maybe, the new stormie black/white guns look like the old Hasbro toy blasters. There weren't many OT weapons that weren't black and directly based on WWI/WWII weapons, so these don't quite feel SW, or at least OT.

Pretty sure it's because of the current climate with guns they didn't want to make them look real. Especially with toys. They can't even make a G1 Megatron anymore yet in 1984 it was fine to have a robot that transformers into a gun. Sad world we live in now.

Those new shots look even better! Somehow I'm gonna keep this preorder! I'm in for Kylo, Rey & BB-88. So hype right now! :)

The figure looks fine IMO however I'm in no hurry to place an order.

Me neither.

Unless you're using Reward Points there's really no point ordering anything with a NRD until it's coupon eligible.

If there's no NRD at least you can get the satisfaction of securing a figure until you're ready to apply the coupon. Though I doubt they're going to run out of Reys.

I've held out looking at anything TFA so well! Only seen the trailers each once, and avoided looking at all the toys in detail...
Almost forgot it's a week away! I'll be watching it in exactly 8 days from now!!!

Pretty sure it's because of the current climate with guns they didn't want to make them look real. Especially with toys. They can't even make a G1 Megatron anymore yet in 1984 it was fine to have a robot that transformers into a gun. Sad world we live in now.

Interesting point. It's ironic that Hasbro chose a black and white color scheme for their stormie blasters so they couldn't be mistaken for a real gun, and now Disney has done the same thing with the actual movie props, which will in turn influence the toy blasters.

Wonder if her name was inspired by 'Del Rey'?

They've been publishing Star Wars books since the beginning. All the way back to Foster's Star Wars in 1976.

Her father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.

"...oh, and Luke, before I forget... you have a sister, and you may 'accidentally' kiss her and have a major crush on her if I don't let you know. And what I just said about your father... it's a little misleading - Darth Vader is your father... yes, literally, not just from a certain point of view."

Imagine if Ben had just told the whole truth in that scene.:lol

"...oh, and Luke, before I forget... you have a sister, and you may 'accidentally' kiss her and have a major crush on her. And what I just said about your father... it's a little misleading - Darth Vader is your father... yes, literally, not just from a certain point of view."

Imagine if Ben had just told the whole truth in that scene.:lol

It's only incest...from a certain point of view.

Have Hot Toys ever done that before?

Yes there are a few times where they shrouded out images, either because they were waiting approval or because they contained spoilers. Most recently was the Baby Groot figure from Guardians of the Galaxy. It was omitted from the announcement, then after the movie released there was a bonus accessory they forgot to tell us about :monkey3

The tailoring on the outfit is really impressive.

I'd love to see a Tusken Raider/Sandperson by them.

The wraps on the arms, the fit of the head dress, the layered robes. Looks nice to me.

Back