Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man the teeth look like garbage. It is unacceptable for an almost $300 figure. I expected more from Hot Toys, especially since they have done teeth so well in the past. Looking back at the proto, I guess this was always there, but just not as noticeable as the in hand pictures.

To me the headsculpt is the most important part of the figure. I'm getting really tired of "settling" with ho-hum sculpts on figures. I settled with Han, I settled with Luke, I settled with Obi Wan. Hundreds of dollars on figures I wasn't that impressed with. Really considering just cancelling this. The prices keep going up but the final product keeps going down.

Yeah I do think the sculpts on these Star Wars figures have been pretty sub-par.

I'm still going to get her though, she seems to look pretty good from a distance and if I really don't like the sculpt I'll just put her hood and goggles on.

eb5c3eaa7a6a05a100beee95774d03ef.jpg

Hot Toys, we have a problem.

I think she looks awesome. I plan on putting some tissue or something in her neck and traps to give her more of that wider shape. The head looks like its sitting too low and the neck is too thin. Looking forward to customize the heights on her and finn as well. Gotta love this hobby

Rather like Finn I was fine with the proto sculpt of Rey and would have been quite happy if they had just left it alone the teeth do seem quite distracting on an otherwise nice sculpt.

The scale thing is another matter, looking at film stills Finn and Rey are much closer in size than the Hot Toys versions, it's difficult to tell which figure is at fault, Finn does look way to tall/buff to me maybe someone will post pics of Finn on a smaller body, as they are I couldn't pose them together it would just look to silly.

Posted this under Finn but will add here too.

Someone on Facebook worked on Finn ....I think this looks much better after removing the clear extensions.

It does look better, but John Boyega is 5'9" and Daisy Ridley is 5'7". Carrie Fisher is only 5'1". For the price Hot Toys charges IMO they should be producing custom bodies to scale. Scales are still off. Not the end of the world, tho.

After having Rey in hand for more than 24 hours, I have to say that I do really like this figure, put her next to Chewie ...
a4136d69c72ea2127428fcf7134e44ac.jpg
3904ae50f6aa282b15ebe78ab1358b7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first impression of the finished sculpt was, well, I was a bit surprised. But the more pictures I see of it the more I actually like it. The paint on BB-8 bothers me a bit, but not enough to decide against purchasing the set.

Can anyone tell me if Sideshow's got a promo code for this month?

Man the teeth look like garbage. It is unacceptable for an almost $300 figure. I expected more from Hot Toys, especially since they have done teeth so well in the past. Looking back at the proto, I guess this was always there, but just not as noticeable as the in hand pictures.

To me the headsculpt is the most important part of the figure. I'm getting really tired of "settling" with ho-hum sculpts on figures. I settled with Han, I settled with Luke, I settled with Obi Wan. Hundreds of dollars on figures I wasn't that impressed with. Really considering just cancelling this. The prices keep going up but the final product keeps going down.

Yeah I do think the sculpts on these Star Wars figures have been pretty sub-par.

I'm still going to get her though, she seems to look pretty good from a distance and if I really don't like the sculpt I'll just put her hood and goggles on.

Well, I think the Darth Vader and the Kylo Ren sculpts and facial likenesses are really good.

Oh, wait...:lol

Back