1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhh, that's right cucko bird of them to leave a prototype image up for a second release. Geez. I haven't pulled the trigger on Han because of this older sculpt that I think looks nothing like him.

Agreed. I realize it would likely cost them a ton to redo the art box packaging, but why they haven't put up new digital promo pics on the websites is a mystery. Seems like lazy nonsense....

Thanks for clarifying for me. I haven't considers buying a Han because of the sculpt. Your work is amazing, by the way. A real likeness of cantina Han.. I would really be interested in buying one of your sculpts.......I've made the decision it's time to get a Han now that there's decent sculpts coming from HT.

I think I like the original sculpt better. Han Solo shouldn't be smiling posing for the camera

IMG_3910 (1).jpg

That sculpt looks like it was reworked, not just repainted. Was that the 2.0 sculpt from HT?

I did do some very subtle work with a needle but most of it is a repaint. I have not heard of a 2.0 sculpt and I have had this sculpt since December, so could this be a 2.0 sculpt?

I don't understand how people can paint flesh se well. I can try to learn but I'll never be able to achieve the results you have here. Well done.

Did you separate the lips a tad as well?

I'm not choosing my words carefully. I hadn't realized that HT photos were of the prototype and that they changed the sculpt. So I refer to this as the 2.0 sculpt even though the original may not have been an official release. I'm not clear on what was originally released.

I don't understand how people can paint flesh se well. I can try to learn but I'll never be able to achieve the results you have here. Well done.

Did you separate the lips a tad as well?

Thanks, it is all about texture and slight color variations. Little red splotches and dots are your friend here then create a little beard growth. The rest is shadows. I created the illusion of slightly asymmetrical parted lips with black paint and a tiny brush. Scratching with a needle and a black pencil created the frown.

I'm not choosing my words carefully. I hadn't realized that HT photos were of the prototype and that they changed the sculpt. So I refer to this as the 2.0 sculpt even though the original may not have been an official release. I'm not clear on what was originally released.

Now I know what you are talking about. Yes, the prototype was different from the final product. However, as you can see, with a little patience, you can tweak the final product to satisfaction

Wonder if Harrison gets stopped a lot at border crossings when the guard compares him against his passport photo?

I wonder if he frowns in all his id pictures? He seems like a grumpy dude most days. I seriously want to ask him, 'man, ya made $50 million off EP VII alone; what is your problem?'

I am sure he is way nicer than Anthony Daniels. Now that guy is a serious prick! And the dude playing Fett is the nicest guy. Go figure!

Back