1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It absolutely would make everyone happy. He is at the top of most people?s lists. I would buy 2 so I could have a jabba prisoner version.

Love it. I think HT did a great job on the Gonk droid.

9954F425-6B0F-4189-85A9-450511464A10.jpeg

Glad someone likes this as i think I am sticking with it. Did you dye the robe Coco? Looks nice

That's the SS Jawa. You can tell on account of it not being a total POS.

Again, still haven't cancelled and very glad to hear a positive response on the Gonk. Most of the complaints really do seem centred on the weight and perceived value as a result as opposed to the fig itself.

That's the SS Jawa. You can tell on account of it not being a total POS.

Again, still haven't cancelled and very glad to hear a positive response on the Gonk. Most of the complaints really do seem centred on the weight and perceived value as a result as opposed to the fig itself.

Yep you are right, I should have looked more closely for the telltale signs. I really want to cancel but I just can't do it:(

Yep, that’s the Sideshow Jawa. I’m beginning to think the only way HT could sell their Jawa is by pairing it with the Gonk.

Yep, that’s the Sideshow Jawa. I’m beginning to think the only way HT could sell their Jawa is by pairing it with the Gonk.

That's my primary reason. I was going the custom route but then the painted option disappeared and I'm not talented enough (already tried with a Gonk but that's a whole other story and a lot of tears ha ha) so less accurate HT it is.

I just watched Star Wars 4K77, that has the original untouched color grade and (it looks amazing BTW) the Jawa's are definitely more the darker color like the SSC's.

I've seen the Magic of Myth expo as well where they had the lighter colored one on display (and the same one in Making of books), but now after watching this, I would almost say 100%, that has been made after the success of the film and not an original replica.

That's my primary reason. I was going the custom route but then the painted option disappeared and I'm not talented enough (already tried with a Gonk but that's a whole other story and a lot of tears ha ha) so less accurate HT it is.

The Rustyj custom gonk simply needs Tamiya gunmetal either sprayed or brushed onto the body and Tamiya silver painted or brushed onto the legs/feet. You really can't go wrong, even with zero custom skills.:dunno

The HT gonk has several details wrong - even the feet are the wrong style for the sandcrawler gonk.

The Rustyj custom gonk simply needs Tamiya gunmetal either sprayed or brushed onto the body and Tamiya silver painted or brushed onto the legs/feet. You really can't go wrong, even with zero custom skills.:dunno

The HT gonk has several details wrong - even the feet are the wrong style for the sandcrawler gonk.

You forget I managed to sever my fingertip with the last gonk I tried myself :lol

This is just paint, so not sure how that could create an ER visit but I guess you never know.:lol

Oh I could find a way.

But that aside, a screen accurate gonk kit is pointless without a screen accurate paint job and the skill needed to accurately weather and create that mottled texture of the sand crawler is not a job for amateurs. I am still considering a kit, but I'm not delusional enough to think I can do it justice.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Oh I could find a way.

But that aside, a screen accurate gonk kit is pointless without a screen accurate paint job and the skill needed to accurately weather and create that mottled texture of the sand crawler is not a job for amateurs. I am still considering a kit, but I'm not delusional enough to think I can do it justice.

Don?t do it it?s only going to look like **** lol

Biggest mistake amateurs do is dump money on half ass failed attempts at custom work.

That being said if cost is not an issue then you will get better with practice new neurosurgeons usually start seeing improvements after their 50th failed surgery give or take a few brains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh I could find a way.

Not really, the color and actual finish of the sandcrawler gonk are pretty unclear, so gunmetal (with a light rust weathering wash if you're adventurous) is just as accurate as anything.

Even with the weathering wash, this is very simple stuff - spray with gunmetal, choose a weathering Tamiya color, thin it, brush it on - done.

Jawa and Gonk landed home today. Parcel sent by KG Hobby via SpeedPAK. Took two weeks but avoided extra fees from transporter or customs.

Oh I could find a way.

Just watch some YouTube videos on weathering. Plenty of them. Not hard at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back