1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this be the release we one day look back to as the beginning of when HT started going downhill?

I'm trying to remember what it was for Sideshow. Maybe their T2 releases. I think for Star Wars it may have been the Endor Rebels with head sculpts of their own employees.

I'm sure it would look better in less harsh lighting and on a better base. And maybe after a water treatment to make the robe hang better. But probably still not enough to make it worth the high price.

Will this be the release we one day look back to as the beginning of when HT started going downhill?

I'm trying to remember what it was for Sideshow. Maybe their T2 releases. I think for Star Wars it may have been the Endor Rebels with head sculpts of their own employees.

Krennic is possibly their best Star Wars and the Jawa is possibly their worst. Released within a month of each other. This had warning signs from day one when it was only one Jawa and the price was insane. Hopefully this will get better with proper futzing. The ss Jawas got destroyed when they first came out, there is hope. So far though, turd city.

Krennic is possibly their best Star Wars and the Jawa is possibly their worst. Released within a month of each other. This had warning signs from day one when it was only one Jawa and the price was insane. Hopefully this will get better with proper futzing. The ss Jawas got destroyed when they first came out, there is hope. So far though, turd city.

Excellent analysis. :lecture

I get what they were trying to accomplish with making the Jawa's head that way, but it just doesn't work as a display piece in a room with regular lighting. Outdoor photos with noon-time sun, and some extreme contrast tweaks in Photoshop, sure, but doesn't work for everyday displays. SSC did it better, for sure. Shame, cuz I really want the gonk.

Did that actually happen?

I think this is one of the most overpriced 1/6 figures ever. It shouldnt be more than 200.

I mean what the hell they are thinking? Pennywise is 267 and it comes with two headsculpts, tons of alternative hands, accessories and big sweet base.

Good point but Pennywise isn't owned by Disney (yet).

The more that shows up on this the more the SSC (and heck, even Hasbro!) versions look better. SSC had those insane limp bodies, but... this HT just looks so cheap.

Another look at the SSC ones:

THE-JAWAS.jpg

WALKING BUBO.jpg

Last edited:
My only complaint with the SS Jawas was their frustrating floppy bodies. I needed a custom Coco base to keep them standing. But I really liked the figures, in general.

This HT release is a big dud for me, even with the Gonk droid, for the price.

I've been waiting all of this time for HT Jawas, as I wanted a couple more and didn't want to risk having more floppy SS ones but after seeing the HT one (and price), I'm in the market for another SS Jawa set. I tried to place myself on the Sideshow wait-list but it wouldn't let me, as I had already ordered prior. (my original order.)

The more that shows up on this the more the SSC (and heck, even Hasbro!) versions look better. SSC had those insane limp bodies, but... this HT just looks so cheap.

Another look at the SSC ones:

Such cool pics !! They look great !! Wish I had one of those "dogs", but not willing to pay over $100 for one !!

It's not looking good for the HT but let's see another couple video reviews before we officially call this one. Has there ever been a head to head matchup that Sideshow won? I'm not sure there has been.

Anyway I still think the HT robes look superior, as does the weathering. And I assume the body will be better at minimum. However if all the video reviews end up being less than stellar I might yet cancel this, I think everyone can agree the price is too high for what is included. That cheap base is the final insult!

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

If I'm honest the stands look like crap but I usually don't use them or I have other options.

The body will be better than SS, the robes look better, though the SS ones were really easy to futz into whatever look you were going for.

I think with the Sandtrooper, this set will still look good, but it's definitely overpriced. I've admittedly never been super excited about the Gonk and they happened to make the most plain looking one, which doesn't help.

Back