Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73c4304832fbd2b7a18025df89d98938.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How can they get the helmet so right on mark 6 but so wrong on mark 2:slap

I have this fellow on preorder. It's my first Iron Man. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the battery for the lights in the figure?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I almost want to get this since the original mk 2 was my first HT. But I don’t know if I can get past the height and inaccuracies.

I've sent them multiple messages on Facebook with movie stills of Marks 2 and 3 for reference to see if they could at least fix the helmet.

I guess they don't really check their inbox smh

They have way more reference material than you could ever hope to have unless you work for Marvel.

They have way more reference material than you could ever hope to have unless you work for Marvel.

Oh I agree. I was just being a one of those "listen to me, I buy your products" guys, hoping they could at least change the helmet design. It's completely wrong. And it's really the only thing I don't like about their Mark 2/3 figures. I don't mind the height.

Eh, it is what it is now though.

If you don't have it side by side with the newer suits and keep it with the IM1 figures there is no height issue.

Thanks for posting this, I think this is how I now intend to display these. Shelf #1: mk 1-3. Shelf #2: mk 4,5,7. Shelf #3: mk6, war machine mk1, and Whiplash diecast.

Was planning on 1-7 lined up but probably changing plans with the height differences.

24df04855cee04a44960d5bbb38a8d05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any way you could post a pic of the AU and diecast side by sides with all the outer parts in place on the AU? Hard to really compare as is.

From your pic and the youtube stills I've seen, as well as comparing it to my own AU the biggest improvement I can really see is in the neck length. The colors seem different but not by much. If they had gone the extra mile and chromed this thing it would be perfect, but as is not really worth a $350 upgrade.

After seeing the vids I am sticking with my order. Always loved the M2 look and I already have a M1 2.0, M3 DC and Iron Monger to complete the line..

Review take on mine - pretty honest this time, unfortunately had some QC issues and the overall height issue is pretty obvious. Let's hope the best for the Mark IV, this release was rather "meh". Curious to read your opinions when you get him. If you already have the Armor unleashed and are not a completionist than you probably could pass this up - the differences are not obvious enough from a distance, proportions are almost the same. And in some parts the AO had even better details (metal meshes below airflaps, torso inner workings).

2.jpg

5.jpg

17.jpg

26.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp5.jpg

27.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Lots of other photos on:
https://www.xenom0rph.com/2018/07/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-ii-diecast-2018.html

Thanks for the great look at this figure Xeno! This will nicely fill the mk2 void in my collection but it appears to lack the wow factor of the mark VI. Unfortunately when collecting a series sometimes have to choose between the best available or living without.

Back