Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! So I got my SC last night and really love the way it looks. I've never had an Iron Man HT figure before so after reading reviews I was generally careful with it. A lot of things out of the package were stiff so I had to loosen a lot of joints by working them in. And what would you know I go to move the left arm up and the large shoulder pad breaks off. Not just popped off I mean broke which I was a little annoyed that I had this figure all of 10 min and something gets severed off. Anyone has this figure knows that the shoulder pad is on a spring hinge and its attached with a very sparse amount of glue and a tiny little molded tab. Well the tab is the part that broke so I contemplated a return because the other shoulder pad on the opposite arm seems much firmer, so I'm not sure if it was a defective molded part on mine or what. However, after considering my options I didn't want to be a pain and send it back to SSC and wait and go through the whole process so I just did a Loctite Super Glue job and good as new.

All the negativity aside, this is a gorgeous piece and I am very happy to have it in my collection as my one and only Iron Man. I will post more pictures when I get home tonight once I add the batteries and put together the stand, so overall I would give this figure a thumbs up!

SC 2.jpg

I love SC, he and HB are 2 of my current favorite HPP armors which is why I have them to the left and right of Igor in my Wine Cellar

So here is my Silver Centurion I just got the other day. After having to glue the shoulder plate back on it seems to be holding I have to say I am very happy with this!

He has such a presence with the bulk and that red is really great in person. Hopefully that is reflected somewhat in my pictures too. I was also pleasantly surprised on how good the articulation is and his balance is extreme poses. Overall, I had a choice between this or AOU Captain and even though I missed out on that one with him selling out everywhere I am still glad this is my first HT Iron Man. I can always wait for CW Cap lol. Hope you like the pics!

IMG_3434.jpg
IMG_3405.jpg
IMG_3435.jpg
IMG_3436.jpg

@mustang33guy—I'm so sorry to hear your Centurion had a problem out of the box; glad you've got it sorted out. It really is a lovely piece.

Touch wood, I've had no issues with mine so far, besides a magnet coming off the removable mask. This is my first suit, and it's good enough to make me want many more of them. I have a couple of questions regarding maintenance: first of all, are any parts of the toy made of rubber? I have heard that one can stop rubber degradation by applying silicone grease every now and then, and would like to know which parts of Silver Centurion to treat. Secondly, does anyone have experience using Goo-Gone/Goof-Off on these? I have what looks like some adhesive goo stuck on my SC's armour, but I only have Goof-Off in the house right now and have heard it's a very aggressive solvent.

@mustang33guy—I'm so sorry to hear your Centurion had a problem out of the box; glad you've got it sorted out. It really is a lovely piece.

Touch wood, I've had no issues with mine so far, besides a magnet coming off the removable mask. This is my first suit, and it's good enough to make me want many more of them. I have a couple of questions regarding maintenance: first of all, are any parts of the toy made of rubber? I have heard that one can stop rubber degradation by applying silicone grease every now and then, and would like to know which parts of Silver Centurion to treat. Secondly, does anyone have experience using Goo-Gone/Goof-Off on these? I have what looks like some adhesive goo stuck on my SC's armour, but I only have Goof-Off in the house right now and have heard it's a very aggressive solvent.

Thanks yeah the issue seems to be fine now and as far as the rubber I believe only the panty area is that material on the figure. To my knowledge only the earlier marks had a fading issue, But anything is possible i guess. I think just precautions like leaving figures out of direct sunlight and if you are really worried about protecting rubber portions I haven't used it but I hear from a bunch of members 303 Aerospace Protectant works to treat those things. I posted an image of it below

image.jpg

I had the same issue with the mask. Both magnets were laying in the bottom of the box and I had to hit them with the kragl (messy glue) and they are perfect now. The other issue I have still is one of the hands won't hold the metal blade. It won't stay in there properly.

Hey, me too! It took some serious pushing and wiggling but I eventually made the blade fit into the problem hand. Sadly I've had to take my SC off display as I suspect the stand is scuffing/making the figure. I noticed some slightly sticky black marks, like specks of dry glue, around the midsection the other day and remembered a forum post in which someone mentioned the stand clamp leaving marks. I'm quite worried about cleaning it as well, since goo-gone might damage the plastic.

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Crap...i just got myself into a bit of a situation here. I lost the screw for one of my silver centurion's arms. Looked all over but can't find it. Does anyone know where i can buy an extra for that specific size so i can put it back together again?

Back