Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What he said. The only thing that gave me heartache was the scratches my figure got while fitting him into his display clamp; this guy's a little hefty around the midsection so be cautious. After that, I wrap all my clamps in heat shrink tubing to prevent similar problems...and it works well.

View attachment 194654

Thank you for the heads up, that's a brilliant idea. You've sold me, I'm going to order him and bones at the end of the week. I can't resist. :rotfl

The Mark 33 looks really small next to Cap, anyone have any good size comparison pictures?

I don't have a Cap but the Mk 33 is actually really bulky. It's bigger than the Mk 42 and even gives my diecast Robocop a run for his money in the brick outhouse stakes.

Seconding what everyone else has said, it may not be diecast, it may not be as articulated as the Mk 42/43, but this is still by far and away one of my favourite figures. It has great shelf presence, is really well-engineered and finished, hits the sweet spot for just enough accessories and unlike a lot of Iron Man figures is actually chunky enough for it to look like there's a human inside it.

I should probably get it out and take some pics at some point...

...Seconding what everyone else has said, it may not be diecast, it may not be as articulated as the Mk 42/43, but this is still by far and away one of my favourite figures. It has great shelf presence, is really well-engineered and finished, hits the sweet spot for just enough accessories and unlike a lot of Iron Man figures is actually chunky enough for it to look like there's a human inside...

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

I love each of my IM: VI, VII & XXXIII

Just caved finally and ordered this off of SSC with the final day of the COMIC15 code. Looking back at the awesome pics in this thread I just couldn't resist, very excited!

The Mark 33 looks really small next to Cap, anyone have any good size comparison pictures?

Just took some quick phone pics for you.
Also the monthly codes, like COMIC15 give you $20 dollars off. That code was for July so I'm not sure how much longer it'll work, but there should be an August one soon enough.

Just took some quick phone pics for you.
Also the monthly codes, like COMIC15 give you $20 dollars off. That code was for July so I'm not sure how much longer it'll work, but there should be an August one soon enough.

Well Tony Stark may fit in the armor, but Steve Rogers would never fit in there :)

I may try the coupon today, how do people get them?

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Here's mine. I prefer mine in a casual static pose.
8059d0f8fd5ab9e901d904a4df6e0e25.jpg

The $20 off coupon was the push I needed to give into temptation and pick this one up. The nostalgia for the comics in the late 80s was also a big part of my temptation for wanting it. The thing is, I have the Mark III die cast on preorder as I originally planned for that to be my one and only Iron Man figure. So much for that plan, now I'll have two :) (That is if I can resist the temptation of picking up War Machine)

The $20 off coupon was the push I needed to give into temptation and pick this one up. The nostalgia for the comics in the late 80s was also a big part of my temptation for wanting it. The thing is, I have the Mark III die cast on preorder as I originally planned for that to be my one and only Iron Man figure. So much for that plan, now I'll have two :) (That is if I can resist the temptation of picking up War Machine)

Get the first one you know you want to

what does that code give you?

Gives you 20$ off and its only valid until tonight I believe. That coupled with the free shipping your saving between 30-40 bucks I'd say that's not bad. I wish I had pulled the trigger a while back when he was 30% off but lesson learned lol

Gives you 20$ off and its only valid until tonight I believe. That coupled with the free shipping your saving between 30-40 bucks I'd say that's not bad. I wish I had pulled the trigger a while back when he was 30% off but lesson learned lol

Yea, thanks. I just now got it and the coupon worked. How does everyone get info on Coupons?

Get the first one you know you want to

If I got a really good aftermarket deal on the first one I might go for it. I like the bulkier version better on that one, but like the Rhodey head sculpt better on the one out now. There are rumors of a new bulkier version of War Machine in Civil War so I am also tempted to wait. If the Mark II WM wasn't so crazy in price I would just get that one though. If I had a 30% off coupon combined with free shipping for that and I might be sold right now. I'm still thinking about it, but for me, War Machine makes the perfect companion piece for the "Silver Centurion".

I would love to get an orignal war machine. The aftermarket prices are insane.. I wouldn't pay more than 300 for it. Guess I'll never own one

Anyone know how tall Silver Centurion when you include him standing on the base? I am clearing some shelf space because the figure is on the way and was thinking about a museum pose with a Tony Stark figure holding the chest plate as if working on him.

Anyone know how tall Silver Centurion when you include him standing on the base? I am clearing some shelf space because the figure is on the way and was thinking about a museum pose with a Tony Stark figure holding the chest plate as if working on him.

I have removed the bottom part of the base - with that it comes to exactly 14 inches. With the bottom part included I think you need to add another 1/2 inch
IMG_1218.JPG

Back