Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Why would the arrogance of the company have anything to do with your collecting?

The need to be wrapped in cotton wool Barry, HT is obliged to lovingly stroke its new collectors.

Hahaha. The new collectors need to realise Hot Toys buy licences for everything.
Sometimes, they buy licences to make product to make profit.
Other times they acquire licences in order to stop their competitors from doing so.
It's crafty.
And clever.
It won't stop.
And i reckon HT have a firm footing with Marvel.
If HT buy a licence, Marvel won't care if they actually put out product. As long as the licencing fee was paid for.

Hahaha. The new collectors need to realise Hot Toys buy licences for everything.
Sometimes, they buy licences to make product to make profit.
Other times they acquire licences in order to stop their competitors from doing so.
It's crafty.
And clever.
It won't stop.
And i reckon HT have a firm footing with Marvel.
If HT buy a licence, Marvel won't care if they actually put out product. As long as the licencing fee was paid for.

and be satisfied WITHOUT the percentage of everything sold? i think that's incorrect. i think they are putting out iron man and batman because they have instant sales appeal, what they're looking for. once the popularity dies down....someday...they will start hitting the other licenses. i never bet unless it's a sure thing. sounds like HT has the same philosophy.

and be satisfied WITHOUT the percentage of everything sold? i think that's incorrect. i think they are putting out iron man and batman because they have instant sales appeal, what they're looking for. once the popularity dies down....someday...they will start hitting the other licenses. i never bet unless it's a sure thing. sounds like HT has the same philosophy.

It's cool. You are free to think what you like.
Here's how licencing works.
HT proposes buying a licence to make The Mandarin and states "We will sell 6000@$200 ea.
Marvel names their fee for a licence. Let's say it's $80,000 for the licence($13.30 per figure).
Hot toys must pay that money right away to secure the licence.
There's not a "we'll pay you $13.30 each time we sell one" thing going on.
Marvel want their money right away.
If HT can sell 10,000 items, they will be laughing all the way to the bank.
If they get 3000 orders, then they still have to pay $80,000 right away.
That's how it works.

1146665_503264169757823_1297221588_n.jpg

Looks great, but i'm done with IM armors after Gemini unless Shotgun gets made. This is an easy figure to pass for me, prefer the standard paint scheme.

Looking freaking cool under lights!!

It's cool. You are free to think what you like.
Here's how licencing works.
HT proposes buying a licence to make The Mandarin and states "We will sell 6000@$200 ea.
Marvel names their fee for a licence. Let's say it's $80,000 for the licence($13.30 per figure).
Hot toys must pay that money right away to secure the licence.
There's not a "we'll pay you $13.30 each time we sell one" thing going on.
Marvel want their money right away.
If HT can sell 10,000 items, they will be laughing all the way to the bank.
If they get 3000 orders, then they still have to pay $80,000 right away.
That's how it works.

I think I argued with DM in the past over licensing stuff, he wount get it man :peace

I kinda like it... Damnit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Passing on this one. So far they made marks I want. They just need to redo MK III,V,VI. Those are the only old marks I want next.

October seems to be a light month for releases so that's my guess as to when he'll ship out from Sideshow. Think I'll grab him if he's in the $220-230 range.

October seems to be a light month for releases so that's my guess as to when he'll ship out from Sideshow. Think I'll grab him if he's in the $220-230 range.

I would love to see an October release! I'll probably be willing to to go up to 250 USD, but It'll be a last minute decision for me regardless.

Back