Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAG0813_zps18cb49f4.jpg

I'm just not hardcore enough of an IM fan...so I think I am done for now with these three.

Ran a pair of wires from my shelves over to my desk so I could add an LED strip of lights inside of my Midas base. It does light up, but virtually zero light comes up onto the figure. Not sure if it's worth the hassle. I was hoping it would really make it stand out on my desk...

Ran a pair of wires from my shelves over to my desk so I could add an LED strip of lights inside of my Midas base. It does light up, but virtually zero light comes up onto the figure. Not sure if it's worth the hassle. I was hoping it would really make it stand out on my desk...

It was a totally newly-tooled piece which seemed strange to me upon opening it.
You'd have thought they would have just used the IM3 Tony base just with no lights.
Why they engineered a new piece is beyond me. Although i suppose, it could be for the other figures that are using this base, so they can all have the same one.
I have been looking at the base and i think it would be very easy to add internal lighting which would also illuminate the figure.
I'll get some supplies in and check.

can you pull the calf piece off and take a pic of the inside? it slides off easily, as for the thigh plate , mine was similar but pressed in easily, can you remove it and take pics of the thigh without the piece?

To follow up on this, here are pictures of the calves on my figure. The first is a previous picture that shows how the flap on the right calf isn't flush while the left flap looks fine (when both are down). The second picture is the left calf with the flap removed, and the third picture is the right calf without a flap. I can only see a small difference here, but maybe you (or someone else) can see if there's an easy fix for this (I suspect not, simply because pieces somewhere are glued together unevenly). And if you need more pictures/angles, let me know.

I just found out that my mida's right arm doesn't stay at a 90 degree angle but it doesn't bother me :/

I just found out that my mida's right arm doesn't stay at a 90 degree angle but it doesn't bother me :/

My right arm wouldn't stay in its socket. When I would try to pose it, it would come right out. If could pose the arm anyway that I wanted, I would just have to take the arm and pose it then stick it back in the socket. I ended up selling it for cost and spent a few dollars more to get a MISB one because things like that would drive me crazy.

Back