Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

I thought Jeff Bridges ... was bad casting. All I could think was "the Dood abides!!"
The figure looks weirdly proportioned to me. Like the arms are too long... and it's not a classic Iron Man baddie. Just kind of a random guy from a random issue.
I can appreciate the intricate nature of the piece though.

Does anyone remember if the Mark VI Avengers promo sold out quickly? I had an easy time purchasing it , but look at the value now.

was there for 3 days...............................

I thought Jeff Bridges ... was bad casting. All I could think was "the Dood abides!!"

I thought he was really good. I didn't get the dude vibe from him at all in that film. Probably, because in Iron Man he was a lot older and had no hair.

I thought he was really good. I didn't get the dude vibe from him at all in that film. Probably, because in Iron Man he was a lot older and had no hair.

:exactly:

Still available. A little surprised.

Thanks guys. Brazilian Customs really suck! It is a rip off and they take forever to clear the package! At least with Fedex it is fast as they do all the brokerage.

I just received the email from SS saying I can order it, lol. I ordered it 4 hours ago.

Still available. A little surprised.

And disappointed. Ill be real with it. I wanted it for low es. Must not be lower the Bd mark 7. Looks like that was the one to get.:dunno

I have a feeling they have enough Midas to last for a few days.... overall, this Gold dude has a production run upward of 10000 units, probably with this Sideshow batch being the largest of a single outlet -

Singapore Con - 800 units on site, then unknown pre-order to be delivered Jan 2014 (rumored to be another 800)

HK Con - VIP sales (estimated to be about 1500 members), plus 500 raffle non-VIP sales.

China Con - 800 units

Tokyo Event - 1000 units

Malaysian Con - 800 units

Indonesian Con - 800 units

Sideshow - unknown, but safe guess is probably upward of 3000, coz last time BD MK7 has a 3000 run for Sideshow and it got sold out in hours....

So that is a total of 10000 right there! Still more limited than their regular Iron Man figures (I heard from a reliable source that they got orders of over 100 thousand MK7 total!! Congratulations HT!), but not as limited as some of the other older pieces before.

Regardless, I am happy to have mine. Gold looks good!

This is going to look so good next to MkII AU

Was hoping it would run out. All this hype for nothing. :p

I think it's still around because once you order it you have to pay for it immediately, no saving up for months. How many of us have $300.00 just lying around? I know I don't .

I couldn't get this...simply cannot pull the trigger. My brother would have loved it but it's just too much for a repaint when BD mark 7 and Mark 7 is out there. rather save for aesthetically different looking marks. Thats my rationality probably a lot of others too thats why this isn't sold out yet. BD mark 7 sold out because people who missed out on mark 7 hopped on that boat right away i assume. The base and head sculpt looked awesome. Price for what we were getting was better too. This one leaves a lot to be desired for in comparison. Thats probably why this is taking longer to sell out.

I have a feeling they have enough Midas to last for a few days.... overall, this Gold dude has a production run upward of 10000 units, probably with this Sideshow batch being the largest of a single outlet -

Singapore Con - 800 units on site, then unknown pre-order to be delivered Jan 2014 (rumored to be another 800)

HK Con - VIP sales (estimated to be about 1500 members), plus 500 raffle non-VIP sales.

China Con - 800 units

Tokyo Event - 1000 units

Malaysian Con - 800 units

Indonesian Con - 800 units

Sideshow - unknown, but safe guess is probably upward of 3000, coz last time BD MK7 has a 3000 run for Sideshow and it got sold out in hours....

So that is a total of 10000 right there! Still more limited than their regular Iron Man figures (I heard from a reliable source that they got orders of over 100 thousand MK7 total!! Congratulations HT!), but not as limited as some of the other older pieces before.

Regardless, I am happy to have mine. Gold looks good!

Yeah but those other 7000 are already spoken for in Asia. Probably 6000 are bought and in homes, with another 500-1000 floating around for sale on secondary markets in Asia and what not.

That's 3k for the US market that has had to deal with 600 dollar ebay prices, which is giant compared to Japan and Singapore.

:lol has anyone paid retail price for this?

Wouldn't surprise me if Sideshow don't try and pull some kind of stunt where they refund peoples points and make everyone pay the full $300 :dunno
I don't know. I suspect it works well for them, either way. If it's the same as when I was working retail (a while now *coughs*), gift cards, points, etc., show as a liability in the company's ledgers, since that is money they 'owe' to their customers. If they can purge a ton of it out in a day or two with an order like this, I imagine they're not fussed. Plus they must've sold a ton at full retail and no administrative hassles with flexpay, either.

riiiiight......... first aussies get screwed on the BD MK VII, now we get screwed on the MIDAS. Thanx Hot Toys. *******s. :mad:

riiiiight......... first aussies get screwed on the BD MK VII, now we get screwed on the MIDAS. Thanx Hot Toys. *******s. :mad:

Feel for you, I remember how pissed I was when I thought us in the UK weren't getting the BD Mrk VII. There's clearly enough of these to go round for collectors down under :(

I don't see why people get upset if this turns out to be not as rare as originally thought. Or guys thinking of cancelling their order if it's still up for sale past a certain time. Let me ask you guys this, if Midas was a normal mass produced release as, say, Thor. Would you still buy him? I bet a majority of you wouldn't. Seems to me the appeal of this figure is the limited numbers. If it wasn't, it would merely be a gold Mark VII with no head sculpt, and was hardly in the film. It's good if he isn't rare. That way everyone who wants him have a chance to get him.
I use to think that way when the Toy Fairs exclusive Rescue version Captain America was released. I ordered him the day he was available. But got upset when he was available for nearly a year, I don't know why. Jim Gordon sold out in a few days. But I also love the figure, so it didn't matter if he wasn't rare.
I can understand if you plan to resell the figure, or if you are an IM collector and have to have all the armors. I was about to order, but then saw the price. Midas costs more than the diecast Mark XLII. With other unique figs from IM3, Thor, 1966 Batman and Robin, Cap 2, GOTG, Spiderman 2, Avengers 2, Superman/Batman coming up, have to make priorities.
It's how I felt about Avengers Mark VI and BD Mark VII. At least with the Avengers VI it's good for those who missed the IM2 MK VI, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten him. But then the MKVI was actually in Avengers and had a Stark head. Same with the BD VII. A bashed up figure with few accessories. Again if you missed out on regular VII, the BD would make sense.
Not bashing on these rare figures. If you buy them for the sheer love of them, then great. And if you get a Midas, am happy for you. Looks great otherwise. That's how I select my purchases, if I will enjoy them. I would initially like the Midas but probably get bored and wished I spent the money on another figure. To tell you the truth I'd spend the money on a mass produced Maria Hill, but not $299, or course.
If they really want to make an exclusive they should make a character that is totally different. If Banner was a limited release...

Back