1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i was not aware of their new tax policy. Thank you!

To be clear, it is your state that has changed sales tax policy, retailers like sideshow are following new legal requirements. The Supreme Court struck down the ruling that said a physical presence of a retailer was necessary to collect sales tax on online ordering. States are now free to require collection of sales tax on out of state commerce if they wish, and most states are. Pretty much the only outliers are the few states with no sales tax at all. Everyone gets salty that BBTS, Sideshow, eBay or whoever is suddenly collecting tax now, it?s not their decision- in fact it?s a massive hassle as tax law varies in every state and these retailers have to comply with all manner of them.

Pretty sure its open production until they are closer to release. There hasn't been a pre-order that sold out before it shipped in some time no? I think they just produce however many preorders they have plus extra for retail at this point.

While I cannot confirm it personally, this is also how I feel they handle it... For regular releases they likely have an internal date set for every pre-order when they make a final decision on how many they're going to make per run based on how many were pre-ordered. Sometimes they extend production after pre-orders sell out if there is more demand (IW Thor for example), or now they sometimes re-issue semi-recent figures that can still be easily/cheaply produced.
I honestly hope mark 47 stays in stock for awhile. It will saturate the market and this time nobody will have excuses for missing it. Later in the year we get to see how many people rushed to ordered it yesterday assuming it would sell out in hours. :lol

I was reading a post on Facebook earlier and they were speculating on the future price after it sells out. They basically were buying this in the hope that a couple years after it sells out they could sell it for high price.

So i could see a lot of cancellations from people who are in it for a profit before it ships.

He?s up at Timewalker with $4.00 off and free shipping! The custom service at TW is amazing. I am giving them more and more of my business and definitely recommend them.

I was reading a post on Facebook earlier and they were speculating on the future price after it sells out. They basically were buying this in the hope that a couple years after it sells out they could sell it for high price.

So i could see a lot of cancellations from people who are in it for a profit before it ships.

It'll totally saturate the market and that's fine by me. Buy to collect not to invest. It's especially dumb to do it on a reissue. They're making as many as they can.

:lol ...Hot Toys does a thing, everyone hopes it's the beginning of a cool trend... Hot Toys never does said thing again. This is the way.

:lol While I do expect to see some more re-issues, I highly doubt they'll delve too deep into the archive beyond die-cast Iron Man figures from the last few years or so. Especially for figures that have parts that are still easily produced. Mark 6, War Machine Mark 1, Mark 46 are more likely than most IMO... MAYBE Mark 7 at some point down the line as I'm sure demand for it will pick up when it's officially sold out, and they may use the mold for some kind of variation at some point.

Last edited:
If this really is the start of a trend then I really hope they choose to reissue Mark 46 as well.

hoping for a mark 46 re-issue. say no to scalpers!

Are they scalpers though? MK 46 is long sold out the current price is just supply and demand.

I'd like to know if it's a rerelease because of demand or is it going to be in the new Black Widow movie.

I see both sides of the argument. Glad this guy is getting reissued for those that missed out, but at the same time it does dilute the brand to an extent. I have my Mark 47 and love it. I will be picking up another for diorama purposes. I don't think they [Hot Toys] are reissuing this guy based on going prices on ebay. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the upcoming Black Widow movie (just my opinion and not fact).

I would love a reissue of the Mark V DC to save $, but I don't think they are headed that direction [reissuing items that are expensive on the second hand market]. Maybe it's just me, but once I acquire a figure I don't look back and wish I got it for cheaper. That whole segment of the chase is over and I move onto the next. In a way it was better than PO something, because I have a story with that figure on how I got it. To each their own.

Are they scalpers though? MK 46 is long sold out the current price is just supply and demand.

I'd like to know if it's a rerelease because of demand or is it going to be in the new Black Widow movie.

Its not scalpers. That guy doesnt know what qualifies as "scalping". That figure has been released a long time ago.
At this point, its just supply and demand.

Some consider a person a scalper if they sell an item for more than they paid for it. This situation is simple supply/demand.

I hope all of these people complaining about scalping never sell their house or stocks for a penny more than they originally paid for it.

I would rather a get a reissue of the Mark 46 as well. Always regretted missing out on the Civil War version of his suit.

Although I would also take a 1/4 version of the suit too. I feel like that's coming eventually.

$_57.JPG

I would rather a get a reissue of the Mark 46 as well. Always regretted missing out on the Civil War version of his suit.

Although I would also take a 1/4 version of the suit too. I feel like that's coming eventually.

$_57.JPG

Yes if they do a reissue you and anyone who was thinking about getting this figure but didn’t should jump on the opportunity. I love this version and it is easily one of the coolest figures in my collection. The design of this armor is spectacular!

Back