1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Me: The Freaks told me enough! They told me you were not Mark XLVII!

Repaint Armor: No. I am Mark XLVII.

Me: No... that's not true! That's impossible!

Repaint Armor: Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

It actually saves the effects companies money by reusing existing CGI models most of the time, so it not just for toy companies. That's why they reused Mark VI for the Avengers and repainted XLII as XLIII for AOU. Now they just reuse XLVI and call it XLVII. It is a business decision that benefits the production company, the effects people and ultimately, the toy makers...It's a win-win-win situation.

Win-win-win for everybody but fans and collectors :wink1:

Lamest confirmation I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just got my MK 46 PP like 4 days ago, it's just a repaint... I don't like the silver look.

It looks better with the polished silver look, but I didn't think that's how it was supposed to look.

Yeah, I'm not too disappointed by this, I think it looks quite nice. I'm fine with a repaint for homecoming, just as long as he gets a new one for the next avengers movie.

I wasn't a big fan of the 43, but I really like the 42.. in this case I quite like both the 46 and 47. So I'll be getting both.

You're getting the power pose 47?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That looks like the Power Pose with different hands, not a die cast version unless there's something in the text that says die cast.

It definitely looks like the die cast. The torso is crunched, and the upper legs are almost straight, which I'm pretty sure the PP can't do (unless I'm wrong about that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not too disappointed by this, I think it looks quite nice. I'm fine with a repaint for homecoming, just as long as he gets a new one for the next avengers movie.

I wasn't a big fan of the 43, but I really like the 42.. in this case I quite like both the 46 and 47. So I'll be getting both.

Me too, I'm happy to get the power pose 47 since I have the 46 dc figure on PO

Yeah, I know... But I would have been 110% ok if he had used XLV through all of Civil War. I guess since it's my favorite i'm just a bit bitter that the 46 design got more love because of all the pretty lights. :lol

I completely agree. My Diecast XLV came yesterday and I simply can't take my eyes off it. It's easily my favorite armor to date.
Aesthetically, its such a beautiful armor. It's a crying shame that it didn't see much screen time.

But I'm very curious what the purpose of the new paint job is for.. how does it all fit into the story? Will Tony eventually have an all silver suit like Superior Iron Man for Infinity War? It sort of feels like a step-backwards though, considering he already graduated from an all silver suit in the first Iron Man movie :dunno

The new paint deco is likely just a personal design choice for a more advance suit. I don't think it has to factor into the
overall story.

The new paint deco is likely just a personal design choice for a more advance suit. I don't think it has to factor into the
overall story.

No no no, you got it all wrong... It's a Brand New Armor! :lol

I thought we totally weren't getting Mark 47 and this thread should be closed down?

This is going to be in the movie for 5 minutes, give it a rest. If you can find one or several armors you like in the 46 canon variants there already are, then one more isn't going to help you. Reality of design and costs in movies is a factor, they cannot commit resources to designing and rendering assets that will barely (or in most of the HPP), never appear on screen. This isn't even an iron man movie.

And yes everyone, it's the Mark 47. Eat your crow.

This thread has been a hilarious exercise in reverse occam's razor, watching everyone try to come up with some reason to explain how this totally isn't Mark 47 and won't be in the movie. "It's just Hasbro doing a repaint!" "It's an unfinished Mark 46!" "Maybe it's Mark 46 and it gets battle damaged!" "Maybe it's Batman!":lol

I actually really like the design. I would guess it has to be a nod to the Ultimate armor, as has been mentioned many times. But I am also in what seems to be the minority in loving the repaints and variants. And if they make the silver/grey part chrome-like on the diecast, that would be even better. Assuming they are making a Mark 47 DC.

Anyone know if this is a single release or not?

I hope we get a proper diecast release of this. If we don't, I'll settle for the power pose, but I'd much prefer a diecast version.

yuck, power pose also yuck
iron2.jpg
iron1.jpg

Back