1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a conversion on this one mid last week and it was shipped Friday, set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait....

Sorry to those having issues with shipping.

I am not in too much of a hurry but must confess to being a bit baffled by the fact i got in 3 minutes after the PO went live on the 26th of march and mine hasn't shipped when someone who got a conversion last week has theirs...

Just called Sideshow and they held my order due to the fact that I'd be out of town when it would arrive. They assumed that I would hold off for it to ship until I got back. It is now being shipped in the next day or two. I will just have a friend wait for it on its scheduled arrival, while I am gone. Glad they were looking out for me. Just wishing I would have known it was on hold. It could have shipped the same day as my light armor thor and I'd have gotten it 2 days before I leave. It is what it is though.

yeah sadly the teeth are not that great, but flexing the shoulders forward it does remove the puffiness.
overall i really do think he is a good figure. And boy that shield is a lot more heavy than the first one.

yeah sadly the teeth are not that great, but flexing the shoulders forward it does remove the puffiness.
overall i really do think he is a good figure. And boy that shield is a lot more heavy than the first one.

Speaking of shields, has anyone gotten any recent word on the OneSixthKit version? It was supposed to ship "late July", but I cant find it on their webpage anymore.

However, there is a pretty cool Cap helmet https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=101&product_id=257

Helmet 2.jpg

I don't get it. I JUST got mine in the mail and maybe it's because I haven't take it out of the plastic, but I am not seeing a bulkiness to this figure at all. It looks really great and not poofy like some of those pictures I am seeing. I guess I need to get this sucker out of the box and see for myself. head looks great and not buck toothed. It could just be the photographs circulating. I'll get a more close look later when I am at home. Looks amazing upon first glance.

Speaking of shields, has anyone gotten any recent word on the OneSixthKit version? It was supposed to ship "late July", but I cant find it on their webpage anymore.

However, there is a pretty cool Cap helmet https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=101&product_id=257

View attachment 123986

I emailed Kit and Chen and was told the shield was delayed a couple days buy they should be receiving them this week and shipping them out. Pre-orders are sold out which is why it isn't listed on the site as of now. The Cap helmet is going to ship out mid-August or sooner. I'm really curious to see how well (or bad) the shields turned out. I may be kicking myself for not ordering a dozen of them.

I can't stand those other Cap headsculpts. They don't look anything like Evans. Granted the GA one isn't perfect either but I definitely like it better than those.

Just got mine. The shield does have some nice weight. Feels like die-cast. Wonder if I need to spray a clear coat sealant on it to prevent paint flaking?

at least with the TFA head sculpt it brings a balance to the shoulders as the head is a little wider. + I prefer the matt finish on the helmet, as I am not so keen on the shiny helmet that comes with this

The more OCD collectors will point out that the GA helmet is different from the TFA helmet so some may be hesitant to swap them. But I get it - the GA face sculpt is pretty atrocious, screen accuracy might be worth sacrificing here.

Back