1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine with the new head. This head is amazing.
I padded the outside of the shoulders and also around the neck.

dGbdnuN.jpg

I made my Cap GA mod today. I think I found a new and better solution to fix the round fat shoulders/short neck problem.
I was planning to remove the shoulder pads like people suggested. After I took off the cloth, I found hot toys used a muscle body. There is a second layer of chest/back muscle covered over the upper body, like a vest glued on. Big chest is nice. **However**, this muscle piece has a tall "collar", this makes the neck sit inside the collar and look short, and made the shoulder tall. If you have seen a muscle body you know what I'm talking. This collar is exact under the 2 blue shoulder belts, it makes these 2 belts very tall. (check any Cap GA photos, this is a real problem)

To remove the high shoulder/collar, I removed this entire muscle layer (it's glued on, do it carefully), and then I padded the chest to keep the muscle looking. Or you can simply cut the collar, keep the glued chest muscle. I just want to keep everything undamaged.
This mod will truly make Cap has a longer neck and more flat shoulders, not round shape from neck all the way down.
For the shoulder pads, I decided to keep them in there. I did took them out, and result doesn't make much difference to me, and not really better either. Cap does have the shoulder pads in movies anyway. However, Hot toys made the shoulder pads way too big! They are not shoulder pads, more like upper arm pads. There are 2 layers of shoulder pads, a smaller/thicker one stick on a bigger/thinner one, sit in the middle of the big one. Both are made by black foams thing,
I removed the bigger pads, although they are thin, they cover almost the entire upper arm which is not necessary.
I cut the smaller pads a bit, to the same size as the outer shoulder pads(blue uniform), and then stick them back in. So, the pads are still there, but smaller. This work might not be necessary, either keep original pads/remove them/cut to smaller don't make too much difference, depends on how you like it.
Make sure remove the muscle collar, that changes everything!!!

.... change the head sculpt next if you can. Let GA Cap become the best Hot toys Cap!!

I don't know how to upload a photo, I might try upload if people ask.

.... change the head sculpt next if you can. Let GA Cap become the best Hot toys Cap!!

I don't know how to upload a photo, I might try upload if people ask.

Sounds great. Did you see the pics i posted of the Strike helmeted head on the GA body?
Also, register on photobucket for an account(It's free), and upload the pics there, then post the IMG links on here.

That Strike helmeted head looks a bit funny on GA body, maybe the size? I don't understand, it doesn't seem too big while you compare to GA head side by side. I'm also planning to get an empty helmet to custom a head, I'm thinking to use the strike version unhelmet head(of course a bootleg). A lot cut to do, I'm planning to cut the neck off also, make it a stand alone head without neck. I haven't done it, because it's not released yet....
I saw the one with Rescue head, there is some gap between helmet and face, I think helmet needs to be fully attached to the face, otherwise it just doesn't look right. Hot toys even cut the face to fit in the helmet. I like the rescue head, it's a good sculpt, it should work.

You can also click the attachment button next to the video and hyperlink buttons and select the file from your computer. I would really like to see some pics!

See if these photos help.
The muscle collar I was talking about, it makes shoulders about 5mm taller.
20141213_164220_resize.jpg

After removing it, it becomes a normal wide shoulder body. You can simply swap body if you want.
20141213_164157_resize.jpg

Before mod, I already tried my best to make Captain Pepsi look good....
20141211_231321_resize.jpg
or this photo online
10497121_297219590446592_3743347371217840846_o.jpg

After mod.
20141213_204706_resize.jpg
20141213_212311_HDR_resize.jpg

What do you think?

Yup, the neck looks too long now and makes the head look pinheaded.
I think that is the reason why there is a double muscle chest/traps, to make it look more symmetrical.

Oh, yes, I should pad around his neck a little. That will fix the sink collar, and make the neck shorter/more nature.

That actually looks pretty good on Golden Age sculpt, which confirms its the eyes that are the problem. This reminds me of Blue Beetle :cool:

What kind of gun is Widow holding?

That actually looks pretty good on Golden Age sculpt, which confirms its the eyes that are the problem. This reminds me of Blue Beetle :cool:

I was thinking the same thing. There's also a little of Night Owl II in there with the goggles on.

What kind of gun is Widow holding?

Two M6D pistols.

F5B5948D-9815-4401-864E-0F5B21F18E22.jpg

FFBC8040-3177-429D-998A-BD0072DF4792.jpg

1437007F-C560-4EC0-8597-2948BCCA501E.jpg

Back