1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, how did that happen?

Well, I was pulling out the strap from Cap's hand and I thought that I unclipped the clip first, but I didn't and when I got it out, half of the metal part was broken and the other part separated and so I freaked out knowing that unless I dropped 120 dollars there was no way I was getting this replaced.

Well, I was pulling out the strap from Cap's hand and I thought that I unclipped the clip first, but I didn't and when I got it out, half of the metal part was broken and the other part separated and so I freaked out knowing that unless I dropped 120 dollars there was no way I was getting this replaced.

......:ohbfrank: how..... unfortunate. Maybe you could fix it instead of replacing :dunno

......:ohbfrank: how..... unfortunate. Maybe you could fix it instead of replacing :dunno

Yeah, that's what I'm doing tonight, Bjjer told me to use gorilla glue so I'm actually going to the store right now to get the white gorilla glue precision pen and glue the parts back together.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing tonight, Bjjer told me to use gorilla glue so I'm actually going to the store right now to get the white gorilla glue precision pen and glue the parts back together.
Just squirt a drop on a plate and use a needle or something similar to apply the glue. I did this to fix the strap on my Cap shield.

Just squirt a drop on a plate and use a needle or something similar to apply the glue. I did this to fix the strap on my Cap shield.

Thanks man, I did it and its currently drying...in my freezer lol.

Depends. How big of a cap fan are you? If you're just looking for any cap figure. Maybe just dump em and wait for Avengers 2 Cap. If you dug the movie or are planning to display a Falcon or BW figure....Crack that sucker open!!!

Hes not without his flaws like any figure, but he's still a really nice piece that looks great on the shelf.

I'm a big MCU Cap fan so that's the only reason why I'm even debating. At a glance I can see the pros & cons of the fig; with these downsides, if it were a character that I was a more casual fan or, I'd pass; but it's Cap so I'm debating.

I was only half plugged in over the last 2 months so I fell behind on a lot of threads. I have to skim thru the last 100 or so pages and catch up on the better pics, and the mods that made improvements. Then it'll be easier to decide. I think I'll be able to get past the meh sculpt, and it seems that a body swap or mod is 100% necessary, otherwise he looks like a pillow

How long have you had the figure? If you haven't cracked it open by now, maybe there's your answer right there.

Actually he's been boxed with the intention of opening him after I caught up, but I just kept falling more behind, and here I am :lol

But I'm notorious for that s__t. I still have 4/5 figs that I plan on keeping and are still sealed. Some have been for weeks, some for months :lol. Too many figs and too little time is the problem.

Between the sculpt and the body proportions, it doesn't seem like you're too enthused with this release. There'll probably be at least three or four more Caps down the road if you're looking to add/expand upon this particular character to your collection.

But just to make sure, do you love this particular suit? You don't have the FA version, right? Unless Marvel goes back to the well one too many times, it may never be seen in another movie again.

No, I'm not blown away right out of the gates, hence my hesitation. As I was popping in over the last month & a half, I did see flattering pics here and there, and body swaps that made a world of difference so that's what held me here. I do have TFA but I really had my heart set on collecting almost everything from this movie before protos were even revealed. Widow really let me down so I'm 99% bailing on her. Falcon is a fantastic fig but IDK if I can dedicate that space to character that I'm luke warm about (he's still a maybe). Winter Soldier and Rogers 2-pack are no brainers.

Hell, who I'm I kidding; If I decided to keep DW Loki, I'd have to be crazy not to keep this :lol. I think that I'll like this 10X more after I dig up good pics of the body mods. That to me detracts way more than the sculpt

otherwise he looks like a pillow

Actually he's been boxed with the intention of opening him after

I cannot see any puffiness in my version, I opened him up after I got him and was amazed at how good he looked, not at all puffy.

and theres nothing wrong with keeping figures boxed up, trust me :wink1:
it keeps them mint.. and clean

After catching up on this thread and watching a bunch of reviews, I decided to keep this. The imperfections are obvious but it seems that a bunch of people feel that the sculpt and puffiness are both better in hand. I really don't despise the sculpt and this suit was pretty bulky in the flick; it seems that HT captured the bulkiness properly (a tough exaggerated maybe) but made it too round at the shoulders.

I'll see tomorrow when I have time to pop this open how the sculpt and bulk compare to all of the pics. If the bulk truly is better in hand or is futzable, then I may not bother with the mod

I cannot see any puffiness in my version, I opened him up after I got him and was amazed at how good he looked, not at all puffy.

and theres nothing wrong with keeping figures boxed up, trust me :wink1:
it keeps them mint.. and clean

I saw that you said a couple times in here that yours doesn't appear as puffy as in many of the pics. I'm hoping I get one like yours!

I'm really happy with this release and the longer I have it, the more I like it. There's a still from the film floating around with Cap and Falcon just before they jump on the helicarrier. Cap looks really puffy in that particular scene where even I thought he looked a bit goofy. I think the figure captures the film character to near perfection. I personally wont be making any mods aside from the occasional head swap once the stealth pack gets released.

Star Spangled is another story. I basically tore him apart and bashed him back together with whatever I could find. I ended up with what I'm calling "Riot Control Cap."

I've noticed on some pics the metal clip isn't on his neck collar. I just checked and mine is there. Hope I'm wrong on the pics though.

I'm really happy with this release and the longer I have it, the more I like it. There's a still from the film floating around with Cap and Falcon just before they jump on the helicarrier. Cap looks really puffy in that particular scene where even I thought he looked a bit goofy. I think the figure captures the film character to near perfection. I personally wont be making any mods aside from the occasional head swap once the stealth pack gets released.

Star Spangled is another story. I basically tore him apart and bashed him back together with whatever I could find. I ended up with what I'm calling "Riot Control Cap."

Ah, good thing you popped up; you reminded me that I wanted to give you a shout.

Are you doing a run or taking commissions on the shield?

Back