1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I was waiting to see how this looked before buying a Cap figure. I have the "Rescue" version from the first film which included a nice Tommy gun, so I'm not too hung up on this not having one. Better sculpt, small enhancements on the costume. I'll be pre-ordering.

I was hoping we would get the helmet as a seperate piece from this but oh well easy pass may pick up a xtra shield from this.. I was hoping we get the version below 1st oh well i'm sure we will get it knowing hot toys possibly as a exclusive.

Wow this is a tough one. I was so committed to everything from this line and before I saw the first teaser. Maybe my expectations were too high but nothing is knocking my socks off yet. This is definitely a cool fig and I agree that it isn't a mind blowing sculpt but it's passable. I appreciate the differences between this and the TFA suit but I don't think that they're enough for me to NEED this version. If the price is fair (which it probably won't be) then maybe the completest in me, my Cap craze and the fact that I'm a sucker for EX crap will push me over the fence. Still not the no brainer that I was hoping it would be.

I guess I’m the only one that doesn’t like the idea of a die cast shield. The pose-ability is bad enough (I wondering why the hell they didn’t give him double jointed arms) and that thing is going to be so heavy it’ll be even harder to balance a good pose. I guess that’s only an issue for us non-stand guys.

IDK what’s going on with HT. Lately they’re killing it on the less popular figs and their botching the highly anticipated ones. The G.I. Joe’s and Tonto look fantastic but who gives a fk :lol

No way it will be under $220.

This is something that's really becoming a major turn off in the hobby. These price hikes are completely unvalidated and are starting to become just outright insulting. It's a blatant act of greed that HT keeps getting away with because they know they have the market by the balls.

"The product is better now" excuse was fine but should have leveled off 3 years ago because that's when figs stopped drastically improving (HT not SS :lol). Really there are several pieces from 2 -3 years ago that are better (or better likeness) then things that are up for PO now!

Weird that he does not come with a single weapon though, unless you count his sheild of course.

I assume he doesn't have any other weapons on him is be cause he doesn't use any in the film besides his shield, so that makes sense.

Captain America never really used any lethal weaponry other than when he was in WW2. Like Superman he wasn't the type to take a life. Now when Bucky took the role, he carried a pistol and a knife.

I was fairly gung-ho about getting this one. Not so sure now. I don't care for the headsculpt all that much. Everything else looks decent. I like the stealth suit and hope it has a better headsculpt (more to my liking at least). The only thing I don't like about the stealth version is that the shield looks a bit plain. I feel a bit torn now...

My thoughts on this figure is they are doing much like what they did with Iron Man. If you look at MK 3,4,6,7, they generally look the same with some enhancements. To me MK3 and 4 were basically the same armor. Not to mention there were 2 versions of MK 6 and 2 of MK 7. Someone said there was only one movie promo, the BD MK 7 for IM 3. There was another one, the MK 6 which was the Avengers promo edition. And that was basically the same figure as the IM2 MK6 other than it was a movie promo. You look back at both of those movie promo editions and see how much they go for now.

I was fairly gung-ho about getting this one. Not so sure now. I don't care for the headsculpt all that much. Everything else looks decent. I like the stealth suit and hope it has a better headsculpt (more to my liking at least). The only thing I don't like about the stealth version is that the shield looks a bit plain. I feel a bit torn now...

I'm in the same boat. I will get one version for sure just don't know which...

My thoughts on this figure is they are doing much like what they did with Iron Man. If you look at MK 3,4,6,7, they generally look the same with some enhancements. To me MK3 and 4 were basically the same armor. Not to mention there were 2 versions of MK 6 and 2 of MK 7. Someone said there was only one movie promo, the BD MK 7 for IM 3. There was another one, the MK 6 which was the Avengers promo edition. And that was basically the same figure as the IM2 MK6 other than it was a movie promo. You look back at both of those movie promo editions and see how much they go for now.

Asia goes berserk for almost any mech (3A, Gundam, etc) and Iron Man obviously who's also insanely popular here in the West. HT IM figures sell out extremely fast worldwide, which is the reason their value on the secondary market has soared.

Neither is the case for Captain America. You can still login to Sideshow today and order the Rescue version or Star Spangled version, both of which were released awhile back and have been warming their warehouse shelves. He also isn't as popular in the Asian market, as is the case with most human figures.

Well, there's a lot of mixed feelings about the fig but I'm sure we can unanimously agree that this clip kicks a$$

Oh my god! When did they release this clip?? That's me right there! I'm one of the guys getting hit by that grenade!!! :yess: That was one of the roles I did stunts for.

not sure if its been mentioned, but I am really hoping they make Caps new motorcycle. It looks amazing!!! I doubt they will, but one can only hope :):pray:

captain-america-motorcycle-comic-con-winter-soldier.jpg

Back