1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. I wonder if the new articulated body which makes him look bulkier, will be able to assume all the poses pictured. My TFA is impossible to pose in fact the stiching in the upper arm started to come undone from me trying to get the right pose of him swinging with his shield.

Not usually. With a Movie Promo figure they usually do a window of time when its available in the US, which might be after everybody else, like they did with the Iron Man MIDAS armor. So this could go up for pre-order tomorrow, or a month from now.

Midas wasn't called a Movie Promo item. The BD Mark VII was the only Iron Man 3 Movie Promo Edition. Midas was a Summer Toy Fairs exclusive, I believe.

Action City has this on their FB page

MMS240 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America (Golden Age Version) Collectible Figure
New Pre-Paid Order Available
Only at “Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Legend Back in Action Exhibition” at Bugis Junction (17 – 30 March 2014).
Pre-Paid Price: $225.00
Retail Price: S$249.90

Estimated Arrival: End Quarter 3 of 2014

https://www.facebook.com/actioncity.com.sg

Action City has this on their FB page

MMS240 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America (Golden Age Version) Collectible Figure
New Pre-Paid Order Available
Only at “Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Legend Back in Action Exhibition” at Bugis Junction (17 – 30 March 2014).
Pre-Paid Price: $225.00
Retail Price: S$249.90

Estimated Arrival: End Quarter 3 of 2014

https://www.facebook.com/actioncity.com.sg

Bleh...$225?? I mean I'm still buying, but what a turnoff. Hopefully we get at least two shields.

So. I wonder if the new articulated body which makes him look bulkier, will be able to assume all the poses pictured. My TFA is impossible to pose in fact the stiching in the upper arm started to come undone from me trying to get the right pose of him swinging with his shield.

Do you have a pic? That sounds like an interesting pose.

^^^That's their pricing, SSC's pricing is almost always more, w/ few exceptions. I would expect it to be around Thor's price since he hardly comes w/ anything at all as well.

There still doesn't seem to be enough red in the leather parts of this figure. I'm passing on this figure as well, since I don't see the need to upgrade my TFA.

Is Sideshow the ones jacking up the prices on HT's figures or is Hot Toys jacking the prices up?

I think Captain looks pretty good. The sculpt I see Chris Evans in it. I just wish Hot Toys included another Sculpt. Another thing to add is the lack of accessories. Only the shield. Really? Barely anything but I do like that the shield will be die cast. I'm still going to get this. It's an improvement over the previous releases.

I think the TFA version looks better, based on what I can see here aesthetically, and the articulation doesn't seem to have been much improved. Also, I have to figure they will get more mileage out of creating the new suit by releasing a different figure using it at some point (possibly the ears exposed version referred to, similar to how Thor had a rarer sleeveless variant).

I thought this might be an "upgrade" that I would consider, but at the moment it isn't looking like this is that.

Looking forward to getting this one for adding to my boys (almost 4 & 1) room. We've done their room in a classic marvel look because the oldest adores the Avengers & Spidey. I built a shadow box for some bobble heads and the wife made some canvas prints from classic covers. We've also got a couple large posters to hang up.

aT4Rbtd.jpg

5rhoTvR.jpg

I only have one other HT Avengers fig (Mark VII Iron Man) and I'm looking to put together a crew of IM, CA, Thor, Hulk, and Spider-man to go on a separate (out of reach) shelf.

So if this is some type of exclusive then its possible we might get it this year . That would push back hot toys schedule even further.

I am guessing that this alonf with a black suit superman will be this years comic con exclusive that or maybe throw in an iron man repaint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

So if this is some type of exclusive then its possible we might get it this year . That would push back hot toys schedule even further.

I am guessing that this along with a black suit superman will be this years comic con exclusive that or maybe throw in an iron man repaint

I'm actually looking forward to this release since I dont have the first version. Do we know when this will show up for pre order at Sideshow Collectibles?

Back