1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I assume this will be up for PO tomorrow on SSC website just like last weeks Black Widow announcement PO was the following day?
TFA figure looks better accessory wise.

So I assume this will be up for PO tomorrow on SSC website just like last weeks Black Widow announcement PO was the following day?

Doubt it, being Promo edition it will be more like IM Midas, it could be awhile before we get it in the states.

Marvel Studios’ upcoming superhero blockbuster – Captain America: The Winter Soldier will launch worldwide very soon! Steve Rogers will be donning his new “Golden Age” suit to fight the powerful Winter Soldier. Hot Toys is thrilled to present the new 1/6th scale Captain America (Golden Age Version) Collectible Figure. This movie promo edition collectible figure will be available exclusively during upcoming promotion events period in different countries. Please stay tuned for updates!

Not usually. With a Movie Promo figure they usually do a window of time when its available in the US, which might be after everybody else, like they did with the Iron Man MIDAS armor. So this could go up for pre-order tomorrow, or a month from now.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

Wait a minute ? Where's the plain non helmeted Chris Evans head sculpt that was in the teased photo shown earlier ? Also they haven't shown the option to hang the shield on the back yet . There's more pictures and features still not shown guys . Unless there's going to be 2 versions of this figure . ???? This might be the bare bones version .

View attachment 97450

“Gear up. It’s time.” Marvel Studio’s upcoming blockbuster – Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be hitting the theatres worldwide in just a few weeks. Hot Toys is preparing a range of collectibles from the movie and will also be hosting exhibitions in a number of countries in the near future. Remember to keep a look out on our Facebook Page for the latest news!

View attachment 97450

“Gear up. It’s time.” Marvel Studio’s upcoming blockbuster – Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be hitting the theatres worldwide in just a few weeks. Hot Toys is preparing a range of collectibles from the movie and will also be hosting exhibitions in a number of countries in the near future. Remember to keep a look out on our Facebook Page for the latest news!

Where's the Chris Evans head sculpt ? Maybe they can't show it yet for some reason ?

I really hope I'll be able to snag one of these as I love the new suit design. The expression on the head sculpt also needs to be changed...its like only half of his face is angry. Looks really strange/dopey...

Quick pics of the Captain at AC earlier today. Sorry for the quality as I was using an iPhone to snap.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Still prefer TFA. This new suit just doesn't look right. Like parts of two suits hurriedly put on because he had nothing else clean to wear and didn't want to get arrested for running around bare-assed.

The only item of note is the new shield.

If his eye's were more angry or intimidating then i would feel a little better about the sculpt. Right now he looks like I did in the 1st grade putting on a fake smile for the camera...

Might get just the headsculpt to put on my tfa version, but im waiting on the agent of shield version and i will pass on this and get age of ultron one in few years

So even though this is movie promo edition, do we think a mass produced version if this guy is coming out? Unlike the majority, I prefer this one to TFA or Avengers version.

So even though this is movie promo edition, do we think a mass produced version if this guy is coming out? Unlike the majority, I prefer this one to TFA or Avengers version.

It is a nice version.
And there are no large parts carried over from TFA version at all with the exception of the gauntlets/gloved hands and the boots.
The entire figure is all totally different, even though it looks similar to people who have not much of an idea what the other one looked like.
If it comes out to the masses, i will likely only pick up the head and shield unless it stagnates.

not to be a party pooper, im trying so hard to like what I see, but accessory wise it sucks... 1 shield, 1 head, and just hands? I understand its a promo for the movie but dont we want more? considering its gonna be around the 200-229 mark?

Back