1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i got mine today and i absolutely love it. I am also pleased to say mine has no loose arm or knee gap. My box has an ugly dent though and i will be contacting sideshow about that, first time ever. On a side note i finally know why i like the new machine gun turret so much, it looks just like the one on the APC in Aliens.

OK if i have to say one negative thing about this figure, it's the camo. You literally can't see it under normal light, i can only see it with white light/led. It's a little disappointing as it's all over the figure, but you can't see it most of the time.

Well i got mine today and i absolutely love it. I am also pleased to say mine has no loose arm or knee gap. My box has an ugly dent though and i will be contacting sideshow about that, first time ever. On a side note i finally know why i like the new machine gun turret so much, it looks just like the one on the APC in Aliens.

OK if i have to say one negative thing about this figure, it's the camo. You literally can't see it under normal light, i can only see it with white light/led. It's a little disappointing as it's all over the figure, but you can't see it most of the time.

I just got mine as well and happy to report that mine has no issues. Shoulders/arms are good and no gaps at the knee when straight. In my case though, the camo is a big positive. I was hesitant at first because I wasn't sure if i'd like the digital camo. Then there's the harsh light photos from some reviewers where I just see all the squares/rectangles/boxes like TV static signal. Luckily for me, in-hand, the camo is subtle enough to not be distracting but is noticeable. It's so good in fact that my IM figs are being overshadowed by it at the moment (maybe new figure syndrome) :lol It's just the mere size, presence and uniqueness of it (in my display at least). :love

By normal light, do you mean warm white (yellowish), soft white, daylight white, or just ambient light from the surroundings?

I just got mine as well and happy to report that mine has no issues. Shoulders/arms are good and no gaps at the knee when straight. In my case though, the camo is a big positive. I was hesitant at first because I wasn't sure if i'd like the digital camo. Then there's the harsh light photos from some reviewers where I just see all the squares/rectangles/boxes like TV static signal. Luckily for me, in-hand, the camo is subtle enough to not be distracting but is noticeable. It's so good in fact that my IM figs are being overshadowed by it at the moment (maybe new figure syndrome) :lol It's just the mere size, presence and uniqueness of it (in my display at least). :love

By normal light, do you mean warm white (yellowish), soft white, daylight white, or just ambient light from the surroundings?

All of the above. When i told my bro it had camo, he was like "where?".

IMG_20190911_195901.jpg no paint chips, no defects, amazing figure. Just need to find a good spot for it in the already crowded display. One thing I find a bit silly is the 2 heads. The one with the removable face plate looks just fine as the faceplate holds very well and doesn't have bad looking gaps. I don't see why the solid head is needed.

All of the above. When i told my bro it had camo, he was like "where?".

I see. I would think it'd be noticeable with daylight white. I can see it being unnoticeable in the warmer color lights. I have daylight white LED bulb for my room and I could see the camo a few feet away. But then I know it has it so that might be biased. I will experiment with some other people later lol and then turn on the display lights to reveal it.

Really loved this armor on screen.

avengers-infinitywar-movie-screencaps.com-11149.jpg
avengers-endgame-movie-screencaps.com-2158.jpg
avengers-endgame-movie-screencaps.com-2135.jpg
avengers-endgame-movie-screencaps.com-2081.jpg

And they captured it damn near perfectly

20190912_182602~2.jpg

Yeah!
He looks great Zurdo, that camo pattern is stunning!!

w5NjXQB.gif

View attachment 466071 no paint chips, no defects, amazing figure. Just need to find a good spot for it in the already crowded display. One thing I find a bit silly is the 2 heads. The one with the removable face plate looks just fine as the faceplate holds very well and doesn't have bad looking gaps. I don't see why the solid head is needed.

Nice pic! Say is that Soul of Chokogin Gipsy Danger?

Nice pose! I liked how we saw this armor in the beginning of EG, holding Thanos down.

Same here ! but im not going for Iron Patriot :)

I also don't have any problems with the arms

The same situation in my WM, the right is ok but the left has a small gap.

I have one problem that no one mentioned before, a small scratch on the body. It was there when i opened the box for the first time. I know that some parts are easy to scratch. I found 2 posts on FB group describing the same situation at the same place and side of the figure.

8b7da347165b2.jpg

@Yoshi I love all your photos !

Thanks! Mine also has the same mark/scratch. I thought I did this when posing.

2F56F1A3-E630-49E9-A786-738D15284762.jpg

do you guys think it's worth contacting the retailer regarding the knee gaps or just accept it?

do you guys think it's worth contacting the retailer regarding the knee gaps or just accept it?

Mine also has the knee gap issue on his left leg. I think a part of their production run has this issue. Would be hard (lottery) to return and exchange hoping for one that doesn't have it, I think. It kind of bothers me but not a big enough issue to return and try to get one without it. I don't have him in a museum pose so its not noticeable for it to bother me.

Figure looks good, i have a few war machines already not sure i really need him, i really love my civil war version (big bulky badass suit like this one) I must resist the urge and wait for the end game iron patriot version (i also have the og ip from im3 but the new one is different enough to justify purchase)

I had originally convinced myself that I didn't need this figure because I have the Mark 1 diecast--the War Machine that best reflects the comics version. However, the more I looked at my Mark 1, the more I felt that the Mark 4 had finally surpassed it.

So I broke down and picked this up yesterday. Perfect out of the box, and I'm super happy with it. It has such a different look from my other IM figures. This will look great with the Mark 85, and since I didn't care for the Endgame suits, this is the preferwble modern WM suit.

The only thing I didn't realize that is disappointing is the crotch grabber stand. This figure badly needs the sturdier cradle stand that came with the Mark 1.

Back