1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think the 45 is inferior in any way really. It doesn’t have the weapons of the 6 or the little lights of the 46/47 but thats a design thing from the film.

DFC1B8CF-9AB6-4C79-9D20-7809A2723247.jpeg

Great pic! The more I see of this suit the more I have to fight the urge to pre-order it. I'm trying to save up RPs before I order it. I also want to see what the Mk5 War Machine looks like. If I like the Mk5 more I don't want to regret ordering this one if Hot Toys makes the Mk5. I don't have a War Machine yet but I'm trying to be patient haha.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s hard to pick and choose which one to get if you are going for just one. It’s more about which design you like best really. To me, based on the concept art we have seen..which frankly is only accurate about 20 percent of the time..I like this mk4 more. The mk5 seems to have lost that man in a suit look and trends more toward iron monger or hulkbuster mk2. That’s just my opinion though.

Yeah it’s hard to pick and choose which one to get if you are going for just one. It’s more about which design you like best really. To me, based on the concept art we have seen..which frankly is only accurate about 20 percent of the time..I like this mk4 more. The mk5 seems to have lost that man in a suit look and trends more toward iron monger or hulkbuster mk2. That’s just my opinion though.

Totally agree, and thanks for the picture! Out of all the WM’s released by HT, the Mk. I is still my favorite because it looks like an actual “war machine”. I’m still sour that it got so little screen time but also thankful for the diecast re-release.

As far as the WM Mk. 5 concept goes, yeah I like it and am fine with them going with a more futuristic look but I feel like the suit’s evolution is off.

If you can only buy one, buy the original release of the Iron Man MK5. Hopefully the wrists will snap right when you try to attach different hands out of the box, and you’ll never want another Hot Toys. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is so busy lol. to each his own, but the updates in armor makes me appreciate the mark 1 even more. that has a very clean design.

That mk5 just looks too clunky to be considered a WM. This and the civil war version are his best iteration/evolution of WM thus far. I already have the mk3 but this will be good to have as well. I am hoping for a good IM design for the next film, the mk50 doesn't do anything for me.

That mk5 just looks too clunky to be considered a WM. This and the civil war version are his best iteration/evolution of WM thus far. I already have the mk3 but this will be good to have as well. I am hoping for a good IM design for the next film, the mk50 doesn't do anything for me.

Me thinks MK5 will be loosely based on the RE-EDIT version of War Machine

SENTINEL-Wonder-Festival-RE-EDIT-Iron-Man-_10-Modular-War-Machine-image-1.jpg

sentinel-reedit-warmachine_large.jpg

Again that is nothing but bulk, nothing special at all. I like the simplicity of the mk3 and mk4, bulk in the right places and it looks realistically functional. Plus the weaponry is just like it should be, rockets and machine guns. There really is no point in changing anything for the next movie, he is near comic perfect.

Hey guys, I came to a conclusion that I'm out the Hot Toy collecting. I'll probably keep my black panther figures and sale the rest of my collection. I know SS statues are expensive too but you get more for your money. Really think about it, one 13 inch iron man figure cost $430... Add another hundred to that and you can get an awesome 20-25 inch 1/4 statue. this being my first complete year collecting just something I've noticed that's just not worth it anymore. You damn near can't pose the figures anyway without damage, it might as well be a statue. I would rather fill up my 2 detolfs with 7 statues and save the money from the rest of my hot toys.

FYI: I might sale my War Machine Mark 1 and Mark 3 diecast, pm me if interested. I have my stuff in the for sale thread

$630 can get you this or mark L with weapons, which one would you pick?

thor_markl.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I came to a conclusion that I'm out the Hot Toy collecting. I'll probably keep my black panther figures and sale the rest of my collection. I know SS statues are expensive too but you get more for your money. Really think about it, one 13 inch iron man figure cost $430... Add another hundred to that and you can get an awesome 20-25 inch 1/4 statue. this being my first complete year collecting just something I've noticed that's just not worth it anymore. You damn near can't pose the figures anyway without damage, it might as well be a statue. I would rather fill up my 2 detolfs with 7 statues and save the money from the rest of my hot toys.

FYI: I might sale my War Machine Mark 1 and Mark 3 diecast, pm me if interested. I have my stuff in the for sale thread

View attachment 421854

Mark L, probably holds more value down the road and that 20-25” is what turns a lot of collectors off from statues because it’s just too damn big. Really your question can’t be answered because its a matter of personal opinion and how you value a particular item. For me hot Toys QC has a better track record then SS. I like that I can swap out and pose my figure which gives me multiple statues “in theory”. Too each their own and honestly they both look cool..

Mark L, probably holds more value down the road and that 20-25” is what turns a lot of collectors off from statues because it’s just too damn big. Really your question can’t be answered because its a matter of personal opinion and how you value a particular item. For me hot Toys QC has a better track record then SS. I like that I can swap out and pose my figure which gives me multiple statues “in theory”. Too each their own and honestly they both look cool..

All good, I was just venting. Like you said too each their own. I was just talking about the astronomical mark up on these figures compared to what you get with premium formats

Last edited:
All good, I was just venting. Like you said too each their own. I was just talking about the astronomical mark up on these figures compared to what you get with premium formats

True that my friend. Completely agree on the crazy prices now days. It’s funny when I first got into this hobby with hot toys I was like “ wow $140 for a figure that expensive” now years down the road I have a pre order in for a few figures in the $350-$400 like what??? If the old me could only see just how much the prices increased.. but also if you look at sideshow 1/6 compared to their PF that’s a really bs on money vs what you get. Their prices go up and they started to really become bare bone figures ( as far as their 1/6 marvel and dc lines) and then to compare statues... SS prices seem pretty fair especially if you compare it to prime1 studios...geez I know quality is different but man it’s hard to collect anything high end now days...

View attachment 421854

I collect Iron Man figs so i would go with the 50. That crazy price is just the the MK50 with everything, the majority of figures are still in the $220-$250 range. I have 4 statues but they just take up so much space that i can't see myself buying anymore.

I collect Iron Man figs so i would go with the 50. That crazy price is just the the MK50 with everything, the majority of figures are still in the $220-$250 range. I have 4 statues but they just take up so much space that i can't see myself buying anymore.

Which ones you got? I was thinking about getting the PF WW.

I’ve got a bunch of statues. The PF stuff is pretty hit and miss. And the price of that is going up same as everything else. I used to get Bowen statues for like 120 bucks. They where cheaper then hot toys back when hot toys was first getting licensed. I’ve got PCS statues and XM ones. The Sideshow motu stuff. Everything has it’s draw backs and perks. The PF stuff is a lot less frequent and has a lot less options/Accessories and they take up a lot more space. But when they are well done they are great. Prime one has about the best statues at the moment but they are 800 and north for the good stuff

View attachment 421854

I picked the MK50. I don’t collect statues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the twin pods on his back dont seem to face all the way forward. The way they are designed, it seems like they can only face up and out but at an angle. Take a look at all the pics. They are never just facing str8 ahead. But angled up pointing over his head. Its minor and they have a lot of time to change it up but just pointing it out

Back