1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here to post this video but yes i am liking the headsculpt more and more.
A smirk would be nicer tho. Doesn?t fit antman but am a fan of paul rudd and I find it suits him as an actor. So i may get one and do a paul rudd fig with the hs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality is good with the paint apps and it hasn't softened too much in production but...

It's just a little too goofy looking and that may have been the intention but it comes off as almost creepy stalker instead

I plan on using this head sculpt on some other character bodies for maximum affect. Should look amazing on IW Thanos.

I plan on using this head sculpt on some other character bodies for maximum affect. Should look amazing on IW Thanos.

People got a lot of mileage out of the goofy Marvel Legends sculpt doing the same thing

2mwzqtuaipf31.jpg

2phs2hnjcvn31.jpg

Q5dT3eA.jpeg

He5OJbh.jpg

Gg8kHNw.jpeg

Man, HT really missed out on not making a Grandmaster figure from Ragnarok...that would have been sick having Goldblum in 1/6th scale!

^ Indeed. Grandmaster was almost the best thing about ragnarok, i would have been all over that figure. That marvel legends though, his hair looks a piece of **** on his head :lol .

Have to say the sculpt doesn't look quite as atrocious in these videos as it did in the blogger photos, where it looked like he was wearing bright white dentures.

It's still not good enough to use of course, but I do think it looks a bit less horrific. For whatever that's worth. Lol

Dafuq's with those elbow pads?

So many odd choices made with this figure.

Yes, those are quite noticeable now. The release photos of the prototype had them positioned just below the elbow, which prevented them from popping out like that. Too bad they're not attached with velcro like the shoulder pads. If they were we could move them down for dynamic poses. If they can be removed without damage to the figure, a velcro mod might be an improvement.

PD1530356641p06.jpg

I agree the sculpt isn't a Yondu...but in this shot with the right lighting and at a more "shelf perspective" it's not as terrible as I ANTicipated. It scores above Ben Affleck from Civil War for sure. The problem is that the teeth are resting on the lower lip. Most folks don't smile like that barring a strong overbite. Justin's review does show off how good the suit finish is though.
4feab3ccc11cf0603dbf535b5ff02876.jpg

God those elbows, not sure if my ocd will be able to ignore that. It does indeed look like they are just cheaply glued onto the suit at the elbow. Like they don't match the suit and just stick out like a sore thumb. I wonder if they can be heated and reshaped to hug the elbow and suit more naturally.
Dammit i wanted this antman to be my " Antman " of my collection, as i don't have one. Not sure now as this figure ust feels so rushed out the door by HT.
Can't imagine what it's like over there right now with the pandemic.

antman.jpg
Looking at this picture it shows just how dumb it is. It's just floating above the suit.
It doesn't actually sit on the suit directly and that's why it looks so dumb/wrong.

Well, there is Ant-Man 3 movie confirmed so I guess I will just wait for next Ant-Man figure release ... I also don't own previous versions and I just can't ignore the elbow pads and head sculpt

Back