1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would.

I display my figures with the unmasked heads. One of the reasons I love high end 1/6th is the accuracy and detail of the face sculpts.

I've always ended up waffling on Ant Man, but the smiling sculpt on this one makes it a no go for me.

Last edited:
I've never seen the unanimous hatred like I have for Ruddgate...even when HT botched the Bosewick sculpt there was still always the other half who proclaimed it was still good and not as bad in-person...however I'm not seeing anyone trying to defend or even praise Ruddgate...yeesh!

Deep discounts are coming I hope... :pray:

For those who were wondering...

According to the credits on HT's page:

3D Designed by Jong Hyuk Park
Head Sculpted by Kojun

Well, Kojun after spending countless hours doing a great sculpt, got lazy with the teeth and copy-pasted them to have it finished. Such a pity since unpainted looked promising. Now every time I see it I imagine Antman saying "hey, thif iff Paul Ruff. Do you like gladiator movieff?" .

I would.

I display my figures with the unmasked heads. One of the reasons I love high end 1/6th is the accuracy and detail of the face sculpts.

I've always ended up waffling on Ant Man, but the smiling sculpt on this one makes it a no go for me.

i like displaying them as well

Ya me too. I love the suit so much and it appears a lot with the other avengers I currently have. So I may get this and not wait for antman 3. Can always get that headsculpt if it ends up being amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen the unanimous hatred like I have for Ruddgate...even when HT botched the Bosewick sculpt there was still always the other half who proclaimed it was still good and not as bad in-person...however I'm not seeing anyone trying to defend or even praise Ruddgate...yeesh!

Deep discounts are coming I hope... :pray:

That's only because you're not privy to all the PMs being sent about you lol....

But yes, putting that sculpt on the figure would be like driving by a bad car accident. Even though you know you shouldn't, you....just....can't....stop yourself from looking. Good thing I store my HT boxes in their original shippers, otherwise I might accidentally open it up and see this thing again. :horror

That's only because you're not privy to all the PMs being sent about you lol....

But yes, putting that sculpt on the figure would be like driving by a bad car accident. Even though you know you shouldn't, you....just....can't....stop yourself from looking. Good thing I store my HT boxes in their original shippers, otherwise I might accidentally open it up and see this thing again. :horror

I honestly think the sculpt wouldn't be as bad if the paint app wasn't so poor on it. If a really skilled artist comes along and paints this right, so the teeth don't look like veneers and the skin looks more realistic it could actually look decent...

Looking forward to your eventual photos of this car wreck! :lol

I'm not outraged or massively disappointed like so many others appear to be. I just think it looks kinda goofy and ridiculous.

Well it's bad enough that even JC Hong removed his Rudd post from his insta...so that's saying a lot...

Exactly. They should either fix it or offer a discount. I mean if they can take our money, then giving it back is also possible. But of course that's never going to happen.

Just wait for the inevitable discount...this product is now overproduced with the amount of people canceling. Serves HT right!

I honestly think the sculpt wouldn't be as bad if the paint app wasn't so poor on it. If a really skilled artist comes along and paints this right, so the teeth don't look like veneers and the skin looks more realistic it could actually look decent...

Looking forward to your eventual photos of this car wreck! :lol

My laziness when it comes to photographing these figures may be its saving grace. Do they make brown paper bags in 1/6 scale? :lol

C0E42518-7B5C-43D2-878C-48662D88DC52.jpeg

Whooooo that is bad !

Back