1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is just frightening. :lol

Although I can see how a bit of extra shadowing at the corners and bottom of the teeth might improve it, and make it look more natural. I might give that a shot with mine, assuming I still care enough about this figure to keep my order. I'm honestly feeling a bit Marveled out at the moment.

Arnold-smile-terminator (2).jpg

First reaction was that this is the worst headsculpt I've seen from Hot Toys in years. Some of the other photos and videos have showed that it can look more subdued than the initial promotional pics, but I still can't imagine ever using this over the helmeted sculpt.

It looks like they tried to copy this photo from his Wikipedia filmography.

Attachments

• Paul_Rudd_(cropped).jpg
    Paul_Rudd_(cropped).jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 291
If the smile actually looked like the one in the Wikipedia pic, I'd be all for it. The problem is just with the terrible execution.

Although honestly the helmet looks so damn cool I can't imagine not wanting to display it with it on anyway. I just wish they included a flight pole so you could actually pull off poses like this.

FB_IMG_1592324157865.jpg

If the smile actually looked like the one in the Wikipedia pic, I'd be all for it. The problem is just with the terrible execution.

Although honestly the helmet looks so damn cool I can't imagine not wanting to display it with it on anyway. I just wish they included a flight pole so you could actually pull off poses like this.

View attachment 487760

This. Similar to their smiling Harley Quinn (dancer version), they've made the teeth look unnatural by making them too uniform. Granted this is 1/6 scale, but incisors, canines and molars have different names for a reason.

This smiling head is what we get for posting manipulated app pics all over social media. HT thought, I guess they want bigger expressions on 1/6 heads since they keep posting and sharing these.

Be careful what you ask for.

The point is not about asking for expressive sculpts, it is about Hot Toys being incompetent here. Asking for expressive sculpts is not an unreasonable ask given Hot Toys has the capability to execute; they just did not here so they deserve the criticism.

I'm aware this doesn't help any of you who can't paint, but honestly I think a little bit of touchup to make the teeth less "cartoonishly uniform" and more like Rudd's actual dental profile helps prevent the smile from being so distracting.

I think the Helmet is too good not to display so that was my go-to anyway, but I'm anxious to repaint the teeth and see how it changes things in-hand.

It's probably too extreme an expression to not look jarring regardless, but I don't think the sculpt is beyond saving.

ruddteeth.jpg

I'm aware this doesn't help any of you who can't paint, but honestly I think a little bit of touchup to make the teeth less "cartoonishly uniform" and more like Rudd's actual dental profile helps prevent the smile from being so distracting.

I think the Helmet is too good not to display so that was my go-to anyway, but I'm anxious to repaint the teeth and see how it changes things in-hand.

It's probably too extreme an expression to not look jarring regardless, but I don't think the sculpt is beyond saving.

View attachment 487766

I guess you've got nothing to lose :lol

Terrible headsculpt criticism aside, is it me or does the paint app also seem very meh? It doesn't look realistic at all...looks very toy-ish, sorta like the Captain Marvel headsculpt...

Back