Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're up at toys2 for $145 each. UPS Standard is the cheap shipping option for the US with both figs coming in right around 30 bucks.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I still have a few of these available and thanks again for all the orders yesterday!!

Joker kind of looks like Anders Jove from the Subspecies series.

I'm considering getting the Ledger Joker but, funnily enough, I'm being drawn away by the Jack Nicholson Joker I keep seeing on eBay... the custom one made by some dude in Japan or Hong Kong, it really does looks very good imo.

At this moment in time the image of Jack as the Joker is very strong in my mind and IS the Joker for me. Thing is, it took me ages to like the Bale Bats for the same reason... Burton's 1989 movie stands out in my mind far too strongly (was younger then!)... now I'm totally into the new movies. Just took getting used to a new / different treatment.

I better wait to see TDK before deciding which Joker I want to have in my collection - I have no doubt that Ledger has done a remarkable job may he rest well... but will it be enough to knock Jack off the top spot? :confused:

I'm considering getting the Ledger Joker but, funnily enough, I'm being drawn away by the Jack Nicholson Joker I keep seeing on eBay... the custom one made by some dude in Japan or Hong Kong, it really does looks very good imo.

At this moment in time the image of Jack as the Joker is very strong in my mind and IS the Joker for me. Thing is, it took me ages to like the Bale Bats for the same reason... Burton's 1989 movie stands out in my mind far too strongly (was younger then!)... now I'm totally into the new movies. Just took getting used to a new / different treatment.

I better wait to see TDK before deciding which Joker I want to have in my collection - I have no doubt that Ledger has done a remarkable job may he rest well... but will it be enough to knock Jack off the top spot? :confused:

I grew up watching the keaton films.. took me 20 minutes of Batman begins to like it better.

I grew up watching the keaton films.. took me 20 minutes of Batman begins to like it better.

Agreed.

:lecture:lecture I watched the keaton films as well.. I've found 3rd rate slasher movies more entertaining.

Ouch! I wouldn't go that far, for 1989 it was an AMAZING film and still today is very entertaining. Begins has some great cast names but it didn't have Nicholson and IMO Jackie boy is one of the best entertainers of our time.

There is nothing bad about Burtons Batman, now SAY SORRY, NOOOOOOOW! :lol

Joker kind of looks like Anders Jove from the Subspecies series.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl THAT's what it is about him! :rotfl
I have only made a Radu custom, (See here: MY RADU CUSTOM )so that is indeed it! It's the paint mostly, but also, the brow a bit. Something overdone about the bridge of the nose and the brow! You nailed it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was off about him.
Good call. But it is still Heath mostly.

I'm still getting one...:D

WOW.

08e19b002.jpg

I'm sooooooo exicted for these... it's been a while that I've got something new.. been on a long hiatus..

:rotfl:lol:rotfl THAT's what it is about him! :rotfl
I have only made a Radu custom, (See here: MY RADU CUSTOM )so that is indeed it! It's the paint mostly, but also, the brow a bit. Something overdone about the bridge of the nose and the brow! You nailed it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was off about him.
Good call. But it is still Heath mostly.

I'm still getting one...:D

Oh man SWEET RADU!!!! That's awesome man. Well done!!!!:eek

That hair is amazing. I wonder if they are casting it separate from the head like SS has done?

It sort of looks like it's a separate piece. Either that or it's an amazingly clean paint app along the hair line.

:lecture:lecture I watched the keaton films as well.. I've found 3rd rate slasher movies more entertaining.

Maybe you were more drunk when you watched those 3rd rate slasher movies than when you watched the keaton bat movies? :confused: The films arent really that bad.

I think the new films are a truimph (TDK pending of course!) but I could never say they are better than the Keaton ones... each set of films are different 'treatments' of the subject.

Looking at this pic, I was wondering if Ledger actually has large feet, or is he wearing big shoes for the clown look? They look pretty long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back