1/6 Hot Toys MMS 534 Avengers: Endgame - Nebula Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Avengers Endgame Nebula MMS Figure

OK, that's interesting. As I said, my guesstimate would have been the low end assuming nothing sold between that email to me and the 2nd to last sale. But its very interesting that you saw 8 available.

It makes her even more popular if that large a number sold that quickly. Surprising.

She's one hot little ticket. :lol

And I agree, retailers are ordering cautiously now. Sideshow has to keep their stock available because they are buying the bulk of the US allotment from HT. Without their promissory note to order, HT wouldn't bother making the character. And Sideshow can always issue more stock to retailers if the demand is there. I mean, its possible that AE orders a few more now if they get enough people on the wait list.

This is the kind of news that could generate a larger edition size for Nebula, if the interest is well beyond the initial preset edition size. HT might make more. Like going from 2,500 to 3,500 say.

And the movie isn't even out yet. What if she kills Thanos? Her numbers will be huge.

As far as I understand it HT don't make predetermined edition sizes. It's all about pre-orders. Sure someone needs to make an estimate somewhere initially. Hence the 30-40 number at a secondary supplier.

However considering how quickly these are selling I wouldn't be surprised if more will become available for pre-order from the secondary sellers. If they are allowed to increase their allotment.

Or SS will simply soak up the rest of the pre-orders before submitting final numbers to HT.

HT will only produce as many as have been pre-ordered from their distributors. Plus probably X percent for quality swaps etc.

But definitely seems they may have had more pre-orders than originally anticipated.

Yondu was hard to get cause pre orders were low and the shops didn't want to risk ordering too many extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I understand it HT don't make predetermined edition sizes. It's all about pre-orders. Sure someone needs to make an estimate somewhere initially. Hence the 30-40 number at a secondary supplier.

However considering how quickly these are selling I wouldn't be surprised if more will become available for pre-order from the secondary sellers. If they are allowed to increase their allotment.

Or SS will simply soak up the rest of the pre-orders before submitting final numbers to HT.

HT will only produce as many as have been pre-ordered from their distributors. Plus probably X percent for quality swaps etc.

But definitely seems they may have had more pre-orders than originally anticipated.

Yondu was hard to get cause pre orders were low and the shops didn't want to risk ordering too many extra.

Timewalker has a note on its website to try to preorder this figure by May 3, 2019. It is probably close to Sideshow's internal deadline for receiving preorders from other retailers. I'm guessing that the retailers who sold out this early are hesitant to order an additional batch due to the risk of cancellations.

I'm wondering why she does not have to orange part on her face as we've seen in many pictures of her from Endgame. Overall I am very excited for this figure now. Finally a Karen Gillan figure I can own.

Preordered!!! Looks awesome. Will be a good addition to the Guardians.

I'm wondering why she does not have to orange part on her face as we've seen in many pictures of her from Endgame. Overall I am very excited for this figure now. Finally a Karen Gillan figure I can own.

Because they will probably come out with a deluxe or exclusive figure after everyone orders these.

I’m guessing we may get variation figures of these characters in their white costumes???.,..if so, i bet this features the orange Nebula.

Alter Ego added some stock. They had 7 when I checked about an hour ago. Down to 3 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting. Maybe this Nebula will be a larger edition size for HT than they expected. I hope so. Perhaps it will generate a 2nd figure of her out of them.

I’d be cool with a different suit with the orange piece on her head. I do like this one A LOT tho because it can be for 3 different movies

Yeah, this one covers at least GOTG2, IW and EG.

I'd love to get her in the original purple outfit... more than the 'white' suit with 'orange slice'.

Well I’m sure Sideshow works with Hot Toys to decide final production numbers. Sideshow I’m guessing is more than willing to house tons of Iron Man figures beyond just the preorder list. For a figure like Yondu, maybe not so much because of the risk of the unknown.

I just received an email from Timewalker saying that they've already sold 75% of their pre-orders for Nebula. This figure is in very high demand.

Well I’m sure Sideshow works with Hot Toys to decide final production numbers. Sideshow I’m guessing is more than willing to house tons of Iron Man figures beyond just the preorder list. For a figure like Yondu, maybe not so much because of the risk of the unknown.

Yep sure, but that's then on Sideshow or the local suppliers. Hot Toys won't be sitting on anything. That was more my point. HT will order enough material to do their run and that will be it. It's really no different than someone here doing a custom. They never say I am going to make 1000 and see if I sell them all. They ask for interest, get a pre-order list together and order material accordingly.

Back