1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanx!

Maybe you will try the new suit on the regular body some day :bow

I don?t see it working. The suit is pretty tailored to the body and I don?t see it accommodating the extra bulk of the original body and fat suit.

Can anyone clarify on the key differences being mentioned between this figure and the original release, namely the body and the actual tailored suit.

From what I can see, fat suit removed, it's the same body. As for his costume, well, I removed the fat suit on the original figure for a while, and the tailoring fit on the v2 looks about the same as how it looked on the v1 after the fat suit was removed (looking at the shoulder seam for example). Has hot toys actually re-tailored the costume?

Can anyone offer some clarification as to whether these things have actually been changed, or are we just fundamentally looking at a figure with the fat suit removed (an incredibly simple mod)?

I'm considering re-buying a parted out outfit if the fit has indeed changed, but I'm not convinced that it isn't exactly the same outfit.....certainly nothing that I have seen in the reviews or pictures seem to suggest that it is.

Thanks!

I?ve seen photos of the original version with the fat suit removed and the suit looked kind of baggy afterward. Such is not the case on this one.

So is there no padding at all on this version, or is it just much less thick and puffy than before?

I?ll double check when I get home. I want to say there?s a little something there just to kind of smooth out the chest a little but I wouldn?t call it padding.

Ok I double checked, he does have something under the suit that feels like it kind of smooths out the body a bit. You can feel it slightly on the front and back. On the original release you’d get a really boxy look to the torso when bringing his arms in front of him to hold the saber. This one doesn’t do that.

Yeah, it would be very unusual for HT to have a fig with no padding at all. My V.1 ROTJ Luke really had no issues in terms of the outfit looking off - so I always put it down to a sizable amount of that fig having the padding put on slightly wrong at the factory.

This figure appears to have exactly the same body as the first release to me.
On the left is my original release Luke with fat suit removed. On the right is the mms517 body. Shoulders are pushed upwards on my figure.

This is the under-suit on the MMS517......

Sadly I didnt keep reference of the under suit on the original release.....but it was similar. Anyone have any reference?

And finally, here is my original release Luke without the fatsuit (on the left), and then with the fatsuit put back on again (on the right). Never thought it really changed the look that much and do agree that some figures may have just come with them poorly fitted.

Luke is my favourite Star Wars character (up until 1983 at least) and Jedi my fave film, so want to get the best version of him.......so just wondering if this is all just a case of "emperors new clothes" and all I need to do is pick up a poncho and helmet......or whether I should shell out for a full new set of clothes for the original release figure. The original head is my favourite of the three so no issues there. Any help always appreciated.

Perhaps all a moot point as my go-to look for Luke has always been.....

But it's good to have options!

Cheers

I think the sculpts look awful, but I want that suit top since it seems to fit better and isn't all loose like the original

Mine arrive tomorrow! So excited. After that comes the monumental waiting period for Endor Leia

I think the sculpts look awful, but I want that suit top since it seems to fit better and isn't all loose like the original

I can?t seem to take a photo that does the new sculpts any justice. But either one is superior to the original. Particularly the eyes, the old one has kind of a blank durp expression. These have a lot of life in them.

I can see this sculpt not being universally loved by everyone, but to categorize these as "awful", especially with such bombs as the recent Sideshow ROTJ Luke Deluxe, and the Jedi Knight Luke 6in, makes me wonder what you would consider a good sculpt? Disliking a sculpt is one thing, but awful? Seems a bit asking for too much from Hot Toys. I don't think I've seen any customs that I'd put above these current offerings

I can see this sculpt not being universally loved by everyone, but to categorize these as "awful", especially with such bombs as the recent Sideshow ROTJ Luke Deluxe, and the Jedi Knight Luke 6in, makes me wonder what you would consider a good sculpt? Disliking a sculpt is one thing, but awful? Seems a bit asking for too much from Hot Toys.

Hyperbole is this board?s love language.

And just to clarify, I certainly think everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and that mine aren't right or wrong either. I just felt it was a bit unfair to label these as awful. Just not sure what else folks want from Hot Toys as far as sculpts. As far as a Luke sculpt.. this blows away the Luke Episode 7 sculpt, so I def think Hot Toys is moving in the right direction as far as Luke sculpts.

The gritted teeth angry Luke is honestly pretty spot-on (to me) with the Endor helmet on. But with it off, I agree it does look pretty off. But overall the sculpts for this is nowhere as bad as what some of the members are making it out to be. Go watch Justin's video and look at some other well-shot pictures of it, and I think yall will come around to accept/like it.

1130191205.jpg

Mail just came but heading out for family holiday dinner. I'll try to throw up some pics and thoughts tomorrow when I get a chance to play.

Ok, snapped a few right before going out the door. This was with no futzing and minimal posing, along with my horrible LG phone camera. If they pics look bad I'll try take some better ones tomorrow. The Endor was my old Luke and I put the new head sculpt and poncho over the "fat suit". The sandstorm is the new Luke.

Back