1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally saw the film today. This is a cool figure, but I think I'll wait how he's portrayed in the next film. I think he will be a lot stronger in the next film

This is my only reluctance at buying this figure. I love the look, but he didn't seem all that strong in this film. I'm contemplating waiting for the next version, which would be a representation of him at presumably a stronger stage. However, I still do really like this one....

I hope there's a coupon for this in January -- but I'd rather not miss the ordering window for the sake of saving $20 bucks. Then I hear they're gonna make more of him.

I used the HOLIDAY15 code on my PO a few days ago and got $20 off. Basically free shipping, as it seems to be $19 +change for US shipping for some reason.

This is my only reluctance at buying this figure. I love the look, but he didn't seem all that strong in this film. I'm contemplating waiting for the next version, which would be a representation of him at presumably a stronger stage. However, I still do really like this one....

I'm wondering how he'll look in the next film too. If his design changes somewhat and comes along with a new mask as he gets an upgrade in his skills/training, I think I'd rather have an unmasked version to represent how he looked in this particular film then.

I'm wondering how he'll look in the next film too. If his design changes somewhat and comes along with a new mask as he gets an upgrade in his skills/training, I think I'd rather have an unmasked version to represent how he looked in this particular film then.

I think he will have a new mask, Rey scared his face if anybody noticed, so I think he will be wearing it all the time

I think you might have watched the wrong film.

If anyone needs a mask, it is poor Snoke.

I think JJ was channeling too much LOTR with him :slap

I know it was Andy, but c'mon he was a cross between Gollum and an Orc.

I will like it if they actually make Snoke that gigantic in person. I think that would be a new twist.

I think he will have a new mask, Rey scared his face if anybody noticed, so I think he will be wearing it all the time

Boo! I hope not. It's just one scar. He's not like...Vader hideous. He'll probably look even cooler now, anyway.

Last edited:
Umm..it was a deep saber scar slashed right across his face and it was bleeding, so you'd think when it drys it will be permanently dark on his face :lecture

It doesn't really look all that deep and it's definitely not bleeding. If he wears a mask/helmet I don't think this scar will be why.

mt7LsFw.jpg

Most of the scar would just be on his lower right cheek.

While I wouldn't mind a driver sculpt for the duel scene, I really preferred his look when he had the shawl and mask on. The mask by itself really looked weird to me.

Definitely feel Hot Toys should've planned to include a driver sculpt on this from the beginning and just revealed it after a certain amount of time had passed

I think their main objective was to get the figure out when the film released. And the approval process of an actors likeness would have made that impossible

Photo review for Kylo Ren. Really enjoyed putting this together. It probably won't play on mobile devices due to restrictions on the music. Oh and special thanks to whoever gave an 18 min video a thumbs down within 2 mins of it going live, nice to know my efforts are appreciated. Ahhh they are such potty mouth Banta Fodders don't sweat in Para!!!!

I will say, mixed feelings I have for Kylo as a character, that saber kicked ass!:clap

Not sure if we will see that style again

1. What I'm reading, Kylo's saber wasn't a properly made Jedi saber
2. I think Rey broke it in the duel

Thats what held me back. I like the look, but he was weak in the movie. He was crying, threw tantrums like he was 12, got beat up by a girl who had just found out about the force like THAT DAY!

I need my villains to be ass kicking machines, and he was so far from that, i would look at him on my shelf and just think, "meh... grow a pair dude!" He looks very cool... but in the movie he kinda wasnt as a character. That part after she resisted him and hes looking up at snoke whining, i just rolled my eyes. I needed him to get violent and teach her a lesson, to show that he was a force to be reckoned with, but nope, nothing. He came off as so beaten and weak before even fighting her, which made the final battle so underwhelming. I need to see how he'll be in the next one.

Any ideas of how much time (within the star wars universe) they are planning between this film and the next film? I would guess Rey and Ren will have been training for a couple years and both will be much stronger and more focused.

Said it before and i'll say it again. LOVED how Driver/Ben looked in TFA. Always how i envisioned a Skywalker/Solo offspring would look. And his performance was a home run!

tumblr_nzvltqfRNg1rnynkno1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_nzxrtofozM1t9negj_500.gif

Thats what held me back. I like the look, but he was weak in the movie....got beat up by a girl who had just found out about the force like THAT DAY!

My sentiments as well.

I understand he will only get stronger and that this was a fledgling Kylo so to speak, but I don't think Rey should have bested him as easily as she did. Don't get me wrong, I think AD killed it in the role and was pretty intimidating and I also understand that the point was to show Rey has natural force ability (possibly even stronger than Kylo), but I just don't think she should have easily defeated him. I actually don't even have an issue with the fact that she did defeat him, it's just how easily she did. Even if she's stronger with the force, she has no clue how to harness and use it, and no clue how to wield a lightsaber; whereas Kylo does and spent years being trained by Luke. I thought it was funny when Kylo told her that he can teach her the ways of the force, when Rey was seemingly the one taking him to school.

However, it didn't take away from the movie for me at all. I tend to be one to take something and enjoy it for what it is. I thought the film was excellent and Kylo is a great villain.

I do think I probably will ultimately pick this figure up because I like the look too much and I tend to like to pick-up first versions of figures.

Kylo was pretty good with the force. It's only his saber skills that need work.

Then again, pretty much every Skywalker has been less than stellar in that respect. Obi-wan, Yoda and Mace were far superior fighters. Obi-wan just barely tops Anakin though, due to being level-headed.

That duel in ep3 was probably the most skilled battle we'll ever see, I think. The newer films are ditching the flashy dance moves for a more raw and visceral fighting style.

Back