1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are a master, sir!! love it!! FINALLY snagged an extra set of gauntlets!! yippeee!!!

Awesome! If your doing the glove mod, let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

Yep, the "C" scar and the edge wear are pretty much required artifacts if you doing any detailed finish mods. Great work, WTC!

Thanks!

The goal is to make a 1/6 scale Vader that looks like Ant-Man shrunk the real Vader down LOL!

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Awesome! If your doing the glove mod, let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

thanks pal!! I'm gonna do your glove mod on one set, and "adapt" another set to use with the SS gloves... thinking of cutting the gauntlets off the SS, leaving the hands, and attaching the gauntlets to them.

Hey guys,
I'm looking for an affordable Hot Toys red grated Star Wars stand (either the regular red one or the darker Fett one). If anyone is interested in selling one, please PM me. I'd like to get one for my TIE pilot that I just ordered.....and really don't want to pay the super high US prices on eBay.

Thanks,
Travis

Man, I tried to get my helmet apart to do the eye mod and could not do it. I managed to get the dome off but splitting the helmet proved to be too much and I gave up. Disappointed as I love that reddish eye look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I tried to get my helmet apart to do the eye mod and could not do it. I managed to get the dome off but splitting the helmet proved to be too much and I gave up. Disappointed as I love that reddish eye look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's definitely a patience game. I almost gave up at the dome stage.

I like the figure a lot. I have to agree to some on this form that he is somewhat thick or fat or too huskie . Being that said. Has anybody experiment in changing bodies or shaving down other than arm pits . I was thinking of using the Man of Steel body. Its slight taller. I believe.

I like the figure a lot. I have to agree to some on this form that he is somewhat thick or fat or too huskie . Being that said. Has anybody experiment in changing bodies or shaving down other than arm pits . I was thinking of using the Man of Steel body. Its slight taller. I believe.

I wasn't crazy about the body. I decided to go with the Hot Toys Roadblock body. The stock hot toys bodysuit was too puffy looking for me, like an evil rodeo clown, so I decided to use the Sideshow ANH Vader body suit. A padded fat-suit is also required for the abdominal area to achieve the most natural appearance.

Hot Toys suit on stock body:
d96695d421453bcab286fbd031a3e6cb.jpg
c610eba4a787a71a9fedc17be5a74c51.jpg
363fbd85187b338d6c319c1842c3956f.jpg

Sideshow suit on Roadblock body (no ab padding):
f383bfde745827f5c4d9846f41219228.jpg
980ca390865f90785cba8647a47cb20e.jpg
bd44df3a1ef2ef6bd5eb250b5a4b823d.jpg

I think the only flaw on the stock cape is that it's a bit too long. Looks excellent when Vader is on the stand as it drapes around it, but doesn't drape as nicely when Vader and the cape are on the same surface.

I think the only flaw on the stock cape is that it's a bit too long. Looks excellent when Vader is on the stand as it drapes around it, but doesn't drape as nicely when Vader and the cape are on the same surface.

Yep, noticed this to apply to many of HT's stock capes for various figures.

Ok, thanks. I'm sure some modding will be done on my end......it just seems the mods are so radical....nothing easy about modding this figure.

Back