1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok received mine yesterday and he is awesome, but have any of you experienced problems with the sound? It works for the first five minutes and the nothing, no matter how many times I push the remote. I have to strip him again, pull out the batteries and put the in again before he works. Is this a common problem with Hot toys Vader???

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk
Yep. That's how they all are. Go figure...:dunno

Ok received mine yesterday and he is awesome, but have any of you experienced problems with the sound? It works for the first five minutes and the nothing, no matter how many times I push the remote. I have to strip him again, pull out the batteries and put the in again before he works. Is this a common problem with Hot toys Vader???

Common problem. To fully appreciate how common, see pages 465-920.

really, if you can solder, or buy battery replacement DC adapters from PixelPiper, you can have sound. I've soldered it to a 4.5 Volt DC adapter and every time I turn on the power, I have sound

Late to the party as usual....I just swapped the chestpiece with a second customized one (and I'm considering some weathering on the boxes).

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
VaderInsta_zpsalirfjag.jpg

I love the greenish look and soft focus - very 1970's! But...

"I find your girl hands disturbing":gah::lol

I love the greenish look and soft focus - very 1970's! But...

"I find your girl hands disturbing":gah::lol

lol. Actually I'm not excessively bothered by the hands, although full leather should have been much much better.

Is it common knowledge that HT is going to reprint this by the end of 2016? I just saw lots of PO are appearing on Italian websites:
https://www.japandreamland.com/sw-12-darth-vader-ep-iv-reprint-af-it.html
https://www.toysdream80.it/prodotto/hot-toys-darth-vader-ep-iv-reprint/

They announced it on Facebook didn't they? An extra production run due to the high demand.

If Kenobi is going for crazy money now that it's longer available, think what people will pay for Vader. It's only logical that HT wants a piece of that cash for themselves instead.

I wish this happened with more figures. I have no interest in buying quick and sell in a year to make money of course. :naughty

Yeah, I'm seeing a few new pre-orders showing up for Vader - PC has had "sold out" for months but just changed back to pre-order status. looks like there's going to be a few waves of this ANH version before the ESB version is announced.

Has Sideshow shipped any of this figure yet? Their HT Vader page still says pre-order with ship date of Feb/Mar.

This shelf is supposed to host the whole ANH main cast, but I couldn't resist recreating the duel. Now I think I'll leave it like that for a while.

uploadfromtaptalk1456566674044.jpguploadfromtaptalk1456566689286.jpguploadfromtaptalk1456566704369.jpg
(I should watertreat Obi's robe)

Back