1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably never use the voice thing. I never use the batteries on any of the Iron Man figures either. It seems like a huge hassle and I don't want to leave the batteries in there

How come this guy is not parted out on eBay. It's been like 6 weeks released in HK! I want to try my luck with the droid. (I've decided to stick with my SS DELUXE version.

Vader is getting closer. I can feel his presence.

Originally due for delivery on the 23rd, but he's only 30 miles away.

Could be a Sandtrooper and Vader day today. :)

EDIT:Yep, both today. :panic:

Vader came first. :monkey3

First impressions are that he's a far more substantial figure than the SS ESB/ROTJ. The suit and undersuit give him the much needed bulk. I was surprised by the weight of the cape alone, which should make it drape very naturally.

The helmet is, as everybody seems to agree, a little work of art.

The only visual negative are the gloves, which are an unmitigated distaster and possibly one of Hot Toys' worst decisions...evah. :lol

Tried the sound effects - working okay - took the batteries out and will never try again. I don't understand the point of it. :dunno

After reading and seeing all these pics its hard to pass on this bad boy at the moment but with having ordered 6 figures in the past month and already owning the SSC offerings and trying to keep up with my gun addiction I'm gonna have to pass on this guy till a later date.

Hope I dont regret it like I do some others.

Congrats to all who got theirs

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Any idea what the tweezers are for? Putting the batteries in?

HT looks every bit as tall as the SS ESB/ROTJ.

23780761642_fc100ed6ea_o.jpg

23262285683_91d7897e62_o.jpg

I'm having trouble getting the inner robe to fall right. The wires aren't really helping.

I found those wires to be difficult too. Love the pic above with the "red" eyes. Very subtle which is very good.

I found that twisting the sleeves a bit help defeat the inflated look at the bent elbows.

Congrats on getting Vader, WG!

Damn, I missed the parts on TA. I wanted to just get the helmet and upgrade my Sideshow ANH Vader. I'm skipping this one and waiting on an ESB/ROTJ Vader from HT.

I just went through my parts and the cape wow it is heavy. and the material they used is great. they even went as far as to put the black liner on both edges of the cape like it looked on film. to bad ss did not even bother to do that on any of there vaders capes

Back