1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its safe to say that the HT Vader's gloves suck but it still blows the SS release out of the water.

Guys, don't know if you saw the news, but SSC is re-releasing one of their Vaders. Sucks for all of you who jumped on the hype wagon too soon and bought this guy. Sometimes it pays to be patient!

EXIMga0.gif

Has someone, ANYONE, put the inner cloak under the armor and put on the SSC ROTJ chest piece? I'd love to see the results.

Sideshow is re-re-releasing ROTJ Vader. New bodysuit, saber blades, crappy stand and I believe some newly sculpted hands.

Doesn't look like any improvements have been made to the face mask or dome. Est. release June-August. Probe droid, Fett and now this. Ugh.

Edit: sorry about that. Just refreshed he page and saw this has already been covered. Nothing to see here folks.

Interrogation droid is a really nice piece. I had a hard time figuring out where to attach a couple of the appendages, even with the help of the instructions.

It's solid and well painted. This is actually one piece that I wish had LED lighting for the middle white strobe section. The "base" they included is laughable though. What a piece of junk (it'll make .5 past light speed). Since Vader takes up his whole stand, I added the droid to my Shadow Trooper stand. Looks pretty cool and gives the Shadow Trooper a little more presence of my shelf. Now once Leia gets here, I may have change things up a bit.

Nice! I'm not concerned about getting it before Christmas (my final flex is the 25th), but still, good to know they should make that ship date. Really looking forward to seeing this in-hand.

Back