1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the delivery of my Vader today! UPS left a card saying a cash fee must be paid on delivery. Fedex is different they send an invoice few days later after the items in your possession.
One thing in favour of UPS the handling fees are 50% less than Fedex.

2nd test. Painted some black wash over gunmetal(right side). Seems closer to the look I'm going for(more grimy look)

54jEvcL.jpg

Does anyone know if the old SS belt and this new HT belt are the same size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the wash over the grey looks good [emoji106]

Thanks. I'm just kind of learning as I'm going. It looks a lot smoother when not magnified so much. Never tried this before and may never again haha

Does anyone know if the old SS belt and this new HT belt are the same size?

I wouldn't count on it since I think the SS was a bit bigger than this guy

Thanks. I'm just kind of learning as I'm going. It looks a lot smoother when not magnified so much. Never tried this before and may never again haha

I wouldn't count on it since I think the SS was a bit bigger than this guy

I think you did well. I might test that out myself on some scrap. Would be cool to get the black stripes on the HT Vader washed down a bit.

Too bad on the belt. I have an SS Vader that this HT one will be replacing. Was hoping the belt would fit in case mine broke like it has on others.

I think you did well. I might test that out myself on some scrap. Would be cool to get the black stripes on the HT Vader washed down a bit.

Too bad on the belt. I have an SS Vader that this HT one will be replacing. Was hoping the belt would fit in case mine broke like it has on others.

You have the Deluxe vader? That whole chest box/belt/electronic unit is one piece if I'm not mistaken. Don't know that I've seen a pic yet of it on the HT Vader yet though.

You have the Deluxe vader? That whole chest box/belt/electronic unit is one piece if I'm not mistaken. Don't know that I've seen a pic yet of it on the HT Vader yet though.

No, sorry. I have the SS ANH Vader.

So I moved the belt boxes closer to the buckle tonight. One thing that is really inaccurate is how thick those boxes are. Man those were designed poorly--looks like he has a pair of Walkmans on his waist. It's a little bit nerve racking doing it. Maybe if the batteries laid flat side by side it could have been thinner and less horrible to put together.
I also still really dislike the suit on the thighs. For some reason that's where it looks the worst. The chest looks great but those big thighs and the bubbly suit there make me hide the legs as best I can.
Other than that the figure is amazing. I've been hiding the hands so can't complain about those yet. Too bad there's no pointing hand for Leia's mouth. :0

Have to send my back for a replacement... figure overall was great, but the voice function stopped working between the time I got the batteries in and tested it and when I had him redressed :lol

Hopefully the next one works better; I'll probably just test it and then remove the batteries for fear of leakage.

lets see im working on my third body for vader. if this does not work forget it. both times could not get past the breathing sound and skipped like a dj does for old rap music :lol

So I moved the belt boxes closer to the buckle tonight. One thing that is really inaccurate is how thick those boxes are. Man those were designed poorly--looks like he has a pair of Walkmans on his waist. It's a little bit nerve racking doing it. Maybe if the batteries laid flat side by side it could have been thinner and less horrible to put together.
I also still really dislike the suit on the thighs. For some reason that's where it looks the worst. The chest looks great but those big thighs and the bubbly suit there make me hide the legs as best I can.
Other than that the figure is amazing. I've been hiding the hands so can't complain about those yet. Too bad there's no pointing hand for Leia's mouth. :0

Yeah, the belt and the boxes are my biggest complaint with this figure. I broke my belt attempting to move the boxes closer to the buckle, but I was able to fix it luckily until I can find a new one. The boxes are a little large and I dislike how the velcro on the belt makes it difficult to move them closer, which is how they should be. It looks so much better in my opinion. However, being that I already broke the belt once trying to, I just left the boxes as is and when I get another belt, will leave the boxes as is also.

It used to be the gloves, but I'm starting to not really have an issue with them.

Yeah, the belt and the boxes are my biggest complaint with this figure. I broke my belt attempting to move the boxes closer to the buckle, but I was able to fix it luckily until I can find a new one. The boxes are a little large and I dislike how the velcro on the belt makes it difficult to move them closer, which is how they should be. It looks so much better in my opinion. However, being that I already broke the belt once trying to, I just left the boxes as is and when I get another belt, will leave the boxes as is also.

It used to be the gloves, but I'm starting to not really have an issue with them.

the gloves don't bother me either. it is a really great figure don't know if the helmet head sculpt should be that wide. the sculpt is larger then chewie`s sculpt should not be that large I don't think. vaders sculpt looks like a 1/4 scale

While you're watching so closely... please note the 'puffiness' of the undersuit.

I can't find a single screen grab of Vader's legs from ANH so I'm just sticking with the idea that hiding them completely is the most screen accurate look anyway.

the gloves don't bother me either. it is a really great figure don't know if the helmet head sculpt should be that wide. the sculpt is larger then chewie`s sculpt should not be that large I don't think. vaders sculpt looks like a 1/4 scale

Next to the Stormtrooper helmet size looks about right (maybe those are the tiniest bit oversized--sandtrooper moreso).

Back