1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've probably written 100 or more times in this thread that Chewie was my most anticipated SW figure of the year. Said it looked great when it was first introduced even though many people poo-pooed it. Said right away that the con "photos" looked bad but was likely the same figure with bad futzing. IMO, one of the only people who's opinion hasn't changed since day one. So for the 101st time (unless it's 150th), this figure has always been on my November list.
It seems with a lot of people you either have to love or hate a figure. I have figures on my shelf that I love, but at the same time can make fun of. It's the same with TV shows and books. Like with Game of Thrones I'm as big a fan as you can be, but I will not hesitate to bring down the gauntlet on certain episodes ( in particular season 5). I'm buying Chewy, but when the time comes for a laugh I'll rag on that snout, brow and dome. [emoji38]

The figure is too dark, but since it is the best 1/6 chewie we've gotten so far everyone praises it. I was on the fence about getting it because in 75% of the photos that I have seen it looks nothing like Chewbacca. More like a close cousin from the Christmas special. However, the other 25% of the photos that have been futzed made me want to get one and see what I can do about that face. I still think that with all of this Episode VII hype Hot Toys may try for another version of the character. They have a habit of learning from their mistakes and improving on their figures. Then again, this is not an easy figure to make so you never really know if another is around the corner.

The figure is too dark, but since it is the best 1/6 chewie we've gotten so far everyone praises it. I was on the fence about getting it because in 75% of the photos that I have seen it looks nothing like Chewbacca. More like a close cousin from the Christmas special. However, the other 25% of the photos that have been futzed made me want to get one and see what I can do about that face. I still think that with all of this Episode VII hype Hot Toys may try for another version of the character. They have a habit of learning from their mistakes and improving on their figures. Then again, this is not an easy figure to make so you never really know if another is around the corner.

It's Hot Toys. Of course they will make a 2.0 version that will have the corrected color fur and will cost a lot more because of their annual price increases.

It's Hot Toys. Of course they will make a 2.0 version that will have the corrected color fur and will cost a lot more because of their annual price increases.
I'd pay more for one that's closer to the mark. Also agree with the 75% / 25% Bad/good photos. It's just the face contour. Fix that and use all the rest and I'd be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

There's definitely issues, but I think this figure is second only to the Tamashii 3PO in terms of the "I'm holding a shrunken-down SW character in my hands" factor.

Apologies for the bright bed covers, but I live in Scotland and the weather is wet and dull today so lighting is poor today. But snapped some more pictures of Chewie.

8cbb64a01da1ffda174065cc8c47b7d9.jpg
a9bb7b232e44479747743cea4196a566.jpg
65427d8491a3d3f3d325c5291fb8c326.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Apologies for the bright bed covers, but I live in Scotland and the weather is wet and dull today so lighting is poor today. But snapped some more pictures of Chewie.

8cbb64a01da1ffda174065cc8c47b7d9.jpg
a9bb7b232e44479747743cea4196a566.jpg
65427d8491a3d3f3d325c5291fb8c326.jpg

The bright bed covers aren't bad... It's the knickers in the background that have me confused; especially with you saying it's "wet" in Scotland...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol what nickers?

All I see is furry chewbacca [emoji15]

Lol its MY room! The wife chose the bed covers! Haha

No, lets talk some more about those bedsheets.

Are you brave enough to hang those out on a clothes line to dry or are you living in the countryside where no-one can see?

Hot Toys seemed to be going for that early 20th century black-face look and I think they hit that out of the park. The problem is that most people don't want an Al Joelson Chewbacca.

Holy ****, I actually see that, lips and all. :lol

Oh, and Happy Birthday by the way.

Got my Chewie today. Even with the few flaws it has i still haven't had such a buzz from collecting as posing this figure up in a long time. It really is an outstanding piece in hand. Hair is not too difficult to style and is something I have really tried to avoid with past figures. Chewie just needs a little bit and it really does make all the difference. My vote for figure of the year. This is sure to bring a smile to all but the very pickiest of collectors.

Absolutely agree...this figure just brought back the joy of collecting these...looks great, well-made and dang! It's fun!

It is indeed the sixth-scale figure of the year....

....still snapping and posing ....will be for a while.

Back