1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a quick link or a saved word doc with all the best futz tips? My figure is arriving next week and I want to be ready rather than shocked at the stock figure haha.

here is my chewie with a few strangers IMG_0202.jpg

So this is the best Chewbacca available...but you still have to paint it/chalk it to get it to look right, correct?

That part is optional, certainly can improve it if you're game. It did come in a couple shades. I got a darker one and a lighter one, which is the one I still have and haven't done anything to. The pattern isn't right but it works for me.

DSC_0160.jpg

Last edited:
That part is optional, certainly can improve it if you're game. It did come in a couple shades. I got a darker one and a lighter one, which is the one I still have and haven't done anything to. The pattern isn't right but it works for me.

Is that with no mods?(apart from combing etc.) Because that looks really good.

No mods. Just combed out the chin. That to me is the only thing that absolutely needs to be done to make him look like Chewie. Some have less glue/hair spray than others--meaning on you can just loosen it with your fingers if there's not much. If it's really stuck down you probably need some water to free up whatever they use.

I'll add that one other aspect that helps is if his eyes are shadowed as they can sometimes look a bit goofy.

Here's another in natural light.

3587ea172b528890f265d3cbc034bea2.jpg

No mods. Just combed out the chin. That to me is the only thing that absolutely needs to be done to make him look like Chewie. Some have less glue/hair spray than others--meaning on you can just loosen it with your fingers if there's not much. If it's really stuck down you probably need some water to free up whatever they use.

I'll add that one other aspect that helps is if his eyes are shadowed as they can sometimes look a bit goofy.

3587ea172b528890f265d3cbc034bea2.jpg

Nice pic. Which Han sculpt is that?

Nice job!

Ahoy!

Man, that Chewie looks great, Chakaman!

I posting progress over in the customs area, but thought I'd share this modification over here, as well. The plan is full mouth articulation with snarl action!

Cheers,

Chew chewbacca.jpg

10d199d4e3a1b08ce4e1bdeb5ba55967.jpg

I was particularly fond of this step.

That being said - I LOVE this figure. I was not expecting to be pleased with it when I opened the box, honestly thought about packing it up and sending it back to SS for a second. But a wee bit of combing and just patience brings this figure out SO much. It's super unique, along the lines of Groot and an Iron Man suit, as in it's completely different from other "normal" figures. I definitely think with patience, HT hit a homerun. I'll wait till I can get some better pictures, he's drying right now on my work bench. I don't want to put a wet figure into the detolf.

Yeah the issue with Chewy is he needs a bit of work just to get him to look like Chewy, and it does take some skill and actual retouching to bring him to the next level, but futzed and retouched right it's such a unique, breakthrough figure.

Though for people who like to take their figs from the box and put straight on display - well, they have some problems with this guy.:lol

10d199d4e3a1b08ce4e1bdeb5ba55967.jpg

I was particularly fond of this step.

That being said - I LOVE this figure. I was not expecting to be pleased with it when I opened the box, honestly thought about packing it up and sending it back to SS for a second. But a wee bit of combing and just patience brings this figure out SO much. It's super unique, along the lines of Groot and an Iron Man suit, as in it's completely different from other "normal" figures. I definitely think with patience, HT hit a homerun. I'll wait till I can get some better pictures, he's drying right now on my work bench. I don't want to put a wet figure into the detolf.
Hi - I'm a bit scared of getting this guy wet for fear of washing off or loosening the hair but the stuff under the chin on my figure really isn't budging the way I'd prefer. Looks like you're a bit braver, I'm curious, did you immerse the head and soak the hair or did you just apply water manually to local areas? Thanks!

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

I'm curious, did you immerse the head and soak the hair or did you just apply water manually to local areas? Thanks!

You don't have to wet it. Or at most you can just lightly dampen with wet fingertips.

Mostly just take that little comb and pull the matted down hair a few strands at a time. Hook a few strands with comb, then pull gentle.

You don't have to wet it. Or at most you can just lightly dampen with wet fingertips.

Mostly just take that little comb and pull the matted down hair a few strands at a time. Hook a few strands with comb, then pull gentle.

Thanks Craig but there does seem to be quite a lot of glue or 'product' on this area of my figure. I've been able to free some of the hair from the chin with careful prodding and dry combing but not quite enough and the freed hair is still quite clumpy/matted. I might just need to be patient and persist. Patience isn't one of my strong points unfortunately [emoji2]

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Back