1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I was one of the ones burned by their Watchman fiasco. Hot toys has a way of showcasing figures, but not releasing them if sales look like they will be sluggish. They showed a Rorschach figure and never released him. He was more of a main character than the comedian or Silk Specter.

I hope I am wrong on this one, but the Lone Ranger did not do so well at the box office and I was really surprised and excited when Hot Toys showed these figures. I hope they are not looking at pre-order numbers for Tonto and use this as a guide as to whether it will be in their best interest to release the Ranger. I don't think either will be a big seller, but I am hoping the Lone Ranger is released.

They wo nt do the Ranger without Tonto or vice-versa and Hot Toys Japan still has them listed for release so do nt worry.

I am expecting pre-order in the next week or so...DVD release is Dec 18th

I do know Hot Toys get's no Tonto sale from me without the Lone Ranger

Sorry, I was one of the ones burned by their Watchman fiasco. Hot toys has a way of showcasing figures, but not releasing them if sales look like they will be sluggish. They showed a Rorschach figure and never released him. He was more of a main character than the comedian or Silk Specter.

I was burned by sucker punch fiasco... So wanted sweet pea, Blondie and rocket and they never did them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The movie was a flop relative to its budget. Compared to some other Hot Toys properties it was quite respectable.

Plus it appeals to the same adult male demographic that is HT's core business.

^^^Yep. Didn't make much in return, but to me, it was very entertaining! Especially the climactic shootout once the theme started to play. I can forgive that he fired more than 6 shots on his revolver. :wink1:

l8u2.jpg

Does anyone know roughly when Hot Toys will be announcing Hammer's Lone Ranger ? I have Depp Tonto on preorder but i'll cancel if I can confirm no Lone Ranger .

Does anyone know roughly when Hot Toys will be announcing Hammer's Lone Ranger ? I have Depp Tonto on preorder but i'll cancel if I can confirm no Lone Ranger .

Thought we would of had the pre-order by now...I imagine it is due very soon and they better or there will be cancellations on Tonto.I am not buying one without the other,it makes no sense.

The movie was a flop relative to its budget. Compared to some other Hot Toys properties it was quite respectable.

Plus it appeals to the same adult male demographic that is HT's core business.

HT's core business looks to be an Iron Man (Mech crazy)/Predator/Batrman demographic.

How does this line appeal to that one at all? :dunno

For the most part it doesn't.

The movie was not a huge hit because the generations of today are not interested in a campy 1950's esq western film. The overseas market which usually relied on by the studios also have the same demographics of movie goers.

Hot toys was banking on the Johnny Depp name, Disney brand to sell this line. Sadly the numbers/ interest are not there.

On a personal note....I enjoyed the movie,and if both figures were announced,I would buy them both. I am 41 and of the generation who liked western movies.

For the most part it doesn't.

The movie was not a huge hit because the generations of today are not interested in a campy 1950's esq western film. The overseas market which usually relied on by the studios also have the same demographics of movie goers.

Hot toys was banking on the Johnny Depp name, Disney brand to sell this line. Sadly the numbers/ interest are not there.

On a personal note....I enjoyed the movie,and if both figures were announced,I would buy them both. I am 41 and of the generation who liked western movies.

Yup! kids today don't care about the Lone Ranger...all they care about is superheroes,video games and skylanders

Thought we would of had the pre-order by now...I imagine it is due very soon and they better or there will be cancellations on Tonto.I am not buying one without the other,it makes no sense.

Thanks I agree no sense on getting Tonto with no Lone Ranger ! What is also troubling me is a 6 month or more release between Tonto and LR. I wanted them released very close apart. This should have been a set !

I am 41 and of the generation who liked western movies.

I guess that's the demographic I was talking about: Gen X males. I'm mid-40s myself and have been a Lone Ranger fan since childhood. There's lots of other HT properties I like too, but we're probably at the older end of their target market.

I'm 39 and still in that demographic. I watched the reruns of the old 1949 serial show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels all the time. When the movie came out in 1981 I was pumped. I remember going to see it as a kid and even though it was a bit different from the show I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I got the old figures and horses for Christmas back then and still have a photo somewhere from that year.

I will have these new ones if I have to go to Hot Toys myself and stand over them while they make it!

I got Tonto as a Christmas gift, so now I'm hoping that HT does release the Lone ranger.

If not now, part of me is thinking they'll make him one of the convention exclusives for next year.

I thought the movie was a ton of fun. But I love Westerns in general. (Even though this was more of a campy western)

I got Tonto as a Christmas gift, so now I'm hoping that HT does release the Lone ranger.

If not now, part of me is thinking they'll make him one of the convention exclusives for next year.

I thought the movie was a ton of fun. But I love Westerns in general. (Even though this was more of a campy western)

Sorry you said you have Tonto, or you preordered it as a Xmas gift?

Back