Hot Toys Millenium Falcon Cockpit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really news but Sideshow just mentioned this in their live chat on Youtube....

Kev's MATRIX: HOT TOYS MILLENIUM FALCON Willl it be releaed ???

Sideshow Collectibles@Kev's MATRIX as far as we're aware, it's supposed to be released at some point in the future. Just don't know when

What exactly is Sideshow supposed to say to make you happy? It's not their product. They just carry it. Until HT states it's not being made, Sideshow has nothing else to go on but "sometime in the future".

I just found it interesting, I feel like it's first actual confirmation that it is intended for release and not just a traveling convention display.

With MCU end coming in the next years and Star wars also coming to an end of this current trilogy in a handful of years. This is when I think HT will get to these vehicles / displays.

Collectors will be OK financially with not too many figures being constantly released, HT will have covered the main characters so this is the next logical thing to tackle.

That is until the next Trilogy starts. Probably after a couple of years break.

Thats my educated guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disney already said they plan on doing a SW movie every other year, so the next trilogy will probably begin in 2021. They're also doing all these one-off movies to expand the universe. Han Solo movie in 2018 and (I think) Boba Fett movie in 2020.

The MCU isn't ending until AT LEAST 2020, as they still have released scheduled until then. If movies like Black Panthers, Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp are big hits, they'll keep the MCU alive longer with these secondary heroes. Let's face it, Hollywood doesn't make the money it once did, and SW/Marvel/DC are cash cows. They'll keep them going as long as they can.

Point being, don't assume HT will get caught up and not be busy anytime soon. They're already running on a year lag to get figures out. Spider-Man Homecoming figures aren't due to be released in HK until 3Q 2018. Even if no new films get announced the MCU ends and SW takes a break, they'll still be busy for 5-6 years minimum before they can find time for the cockpit. By then, they'll probably just cancel it.

Disney already said they plan on doing a SW movie every other year, so the next trilogy will probably begin in 2021. They're also doing all these one-off movies to expand the universe. Han Solo movie in 2018 and (I think) Boba Fett movie in 2020.

The MCU isn't ending until AT LEAST 2020, as they still have released scheduled until then. If movies like Black Panthers, Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp are big hits, they'll keep the MCU alive longer with these secondary heroes. Let's face it, Hollywood doesn't make the money it once did, and SW/Marvel/DC are cash cows. They'll keep them going as long as they can.

Point being, don't assume HT will get caught up and not be busy anytime soon. They're already running on a year lag to get figures out. Spider-Man Homecoming figures aren't due to be released in HK until 3Q 2018. Even if no new films get announced the MCU ends and SW takes a break, they'll still be busy for 5-6 years minimum before they can find time for the cockpit. By then, they'll probably just cancel it.

Like you say until 2020. Thats 3 years. I was thinking in 5 years or so. I think they'll have a bit of spare room there at that point. Especially if they keep doing bits and pieces from now until then.

But who knows. I heard HT haven't had much good experience with vehicle sales. So yeah, perhaps they will scrap the idea. Only saviour is they haven't done many/any Star Wars vehicles. And Star Wars fans are pretty loyal.

That's how you respond when HT doesn't give them a firm answer without calling them out

Yeah, if Disney paid billions for star wars then they will want to make trillions. Eventually the product will be so watered down the general public will lose interest, the old die hards will....well...die. I don't know how they are going to work out marvel stars who decide to hang up their wigs and costumes. I can't imagine Helmsworth and Evans like eating fish 8 times a day and can't have fat or sugar while lifting weights 4 hours a day.

The MCU will end long before Star Wars does. Johansson, Evans, Hemsworth, Holland, Pratt, Olsen, Stan, Mackie and Larson are all young enough that they can hang around for a while, but they're all cashing in on these movies and eventually won't want to do it for just the money anymore. It's like Daniel Craig with James Bond. He loves and hates the role. He's James Bond, but the constant working out to stay in peak physical shape and injuries that come from filming the role took it's toll on him, to the point that he had to be written a check for $25 million to come back. Eventually, they'll want to do something else, plus the franchise will get stale if the characters don't get killed off or retire or something.

Star Wars is one of the biggest cash cows on Earth. Unlike Marvel with the comic books at the source material, Star Wars has the creative freedom to add and subtract characters at will without contradicting anything. There's so much interest in Star Wars, look at how far back in Star Wars lore the EU went and people still wanted more. Disney will explore all angles of Star Wars after Rogue One was a hit.

Disney will keep putting out Star Wars movies every year, and people will keep going to see them, unless the quality is poor or they do something stupid.

MCU won't end any time soon. The amount of money in the franchise is limitless, really. Some of our big main cast right now were B list characters, and they are all popular. Most didn't even know about GOTG till the movies were a thing. Once the upcoming group of Avengers, whoever that is, runs their 5, 6 movie course, the same thing will happen again and a new collection of characters will come up to take their place.

Then, once it gets far enough down the line, Disney soft reboots the franchise for a new generation of kids with a parallel universe (or whatever comic logic is appropriate), and we start over with our original heroes with whatever actors are popular at the time.

Star Wars will sadly get the same fate most likely. Not sure when, but I think it's impossible to think they'll just continue to make new stories and new trilogies that are part of the Star Wars world. At some point some empty suit will say, "Hmmmm, but what if we redid the original Star Wars. Think of all the money..."

I think Augmented Reality will result in an enthusiasm for reboots within the next decade, including Star Wars and the MCU. I'd gladly see a Star Wars reboot that involves ARGs.

They will make their money back. Look at how. I have more licensed stuff there is. That's all $$$$$$

Yep the Tie Fighter too.:rotfl

Damn. I was really hoping against hope for that one.

giphy.gif

What are you talking about? This is on schedule right after the 66 Batmobile. :wink1:

giphy.gif

Eh, $1000-1500 saved. Perhaps a marriage too.:dunno

giphy.gif

Standard SS response......so never...

72EB6sV.jpg

That's how you respond when HT doesn't give them a firm answer without calling them out

meanislamecoolisnicegif.gif

Well I think a better question is how many people would shell out 2 grand for it?

Robotech isn't star wars, and this looks a little smaller than the falcon cockpit and check out the price on bbts:
Robotech VF-1J Cockpit With Max Sterling 1/6 Scale Diorama Digital Sound System

$1,599.99

It does come with a figure though.

Well I think a better question is how many people would shell out 2 grand for it?

Robotech isn't star wars, and this looks a little smaller than the falcon cockpit and check out the price on bbts:
Robotech VF-1J Cockpit With Max Sterling 1/6 Scale Diorama Digital Sound System

$1,599.99

It does come with a figure though.

If HT can produce 1/6 cars for less than $1000 I think they can do the same for the Falcon.

Back