Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The have the metal gear solid license. Metal gear solid means the franchise. Come on now.

Weird when all the promo's show mgs 3

No disrespect or anything but we got big boss snake and the boss before solid come on now.

HT11MGSTease.jpg

Its the full licence. Every announcement HotToys makes always specifically shows which movie/game its from. Like with "Spiderman 3"

They just teased which figures they were doing first(which was nice of them)

HT11MGSTease.jpg

Its the full licence. Every announcement HotToys makes always specifically shows which movie/game its from. Like with "Spiderman 3"

They just teased which figures they were doing first(which was nice of them)

i get what you're saying then if its from the entire series there’s no indiction of anything besides mgs 3 not even artwork from the other games nothing .

i get what you're saying then if its from the entire series there’s no indiction of anything besides mgs 3 not even artwork from the other games nothing .

There was a Hot Toys poll for different MGS characters.

I really liked MG3; I mean hiding in the woods and grass; changing camouflage. Checking out Eva's rack when you're supposed to be looking at her face.

And then shooting Ocelot when given the chance, thus ending the game.

:lol

Crap man, I already said it was a typo. Look back a few posts. The graphics in MGS2 ARE way better than MGS1. But I don't think they were good enough for an artist to use as reference material to sculpt a life like sculpt. There would be a lot of artist interpreting to fill in the gaps.

:exactly: :goodpost: :hi5:
I couldn't agree more! The head sculp would end up looking like the medicom one and people would complain "I dosnt look realistic enough!". But if they went with the more realistic look. people would be complaining that it doesnt look like the ingame model at all. These 2 features that the customers want cant be available at 1 figure at the same time (unless the detail on the ingame model has very stong features and you dont need to base on textures applied on the model anymore like the high poly renditions for promotional digital assets or next gen games)

Im really glad how the HS turned out to be a mix of those 2 features. It's not perfect as the market had hoped but it retains the features of the character while giving off this realistic feel out of it.

I'd like to see Hot Toys do an entire line from MGS3, but I'd also like to see what kinda of magic they could deliver with doing a Frank Jaeger or a 1:6 Solidus and go into MGS4 with 1:6 offering of Raiden, Old Snake and Ocelot.

I wonder if there's any chance that this will ship from Sideshow before Christmas. I'd like to get one for my friend.

I really don't get where this "Hot Toys can't do in-game because it's not good enough" argument is coming from.

gsdx512x448noneinterlac.jpg

I Guess they Can do an MGS 4 Old Snake and also comes the detective clothing he wore in one chapter & an extra head of Young Snake from MGS 2 as "Head Camo" but i know it wont happen .

i just want my Old Snake Thats all :D

YoungSnakeFace.png

Does that really mean anything :dunno

I was commenting on your statement that Hot Toys hadn't shown anything else besides MGS 3 - which clearly isn't the case, as indicated by the many different characters from their poll. The main purpose of the poll (I'm assuming) was to hype the entire figure line. Raiden happened to win it by a large margin, so I would think that we should see a figure for him sometime next year.

But, as ZombieRepublican said, Hot Toys has the license for the entire series. I just hope that it doesn't end with these two figures alone. But with that said, I'm not going to scream "doom and gloom" just yet. In the mean time, I'll just hope for the best and see how Hot Toys plays this out.

Why would they hype other figs when these ones havent even been released? Lets be honest if they make every single version of Snake this will likely be be everyones least favorite and eventually none crucial to your collection and no one in there right mind would buy these if they were already teasing a Jungle cammo Naked Snake and an MGS1 Solid with a Ninja and what ever else. They have to be able to "improve" with every realese or the liscense would be static in two years.

Wow, it looks incredible in those review pictures. Much better than the prototype and it actually looks more like the in game version from those pics.

I rike it.

Why would they hype other figs when these ones havent even been released? Lets be honest if they make every single version of Snake this will likely be be everyones least favorite and eventually none crucial to your collection and no one in there right mind would buy these if they were already teasing a Jungle cammo Naked Snake and an MGS1 Solid with a Ninja and what ever else. They have to be able to "improve" with every realese or the liscense would be static in two years.

Then please explain the purpose of the poll, in case there's something that I'm missing :dunno

You do have a point about people choosing not to buy the Sneaking Suit figure, with the prospect of other figures being released. It's already happening (as evidenced by the conversations in this forum) even though there haven't been any teasers of other figures. I said it before, but it would have made more sense if Hot Toys had released this figure as a convention exclusive, in limited quantities. Obviously, it's not as popular as the traditional jungle fatigues outfits.

I'm not sure what you mean about "improving" the line each year. What I do know is that there are many MGS characters that will never see the light of day in 1:6 scale - be it with Hot Toys or another company.

Hot Toys Got the License for the Whole MGS Series i'm sure. Naked Snake being the First which is similar to DX07 Luke Skywalker, does it mean Hot Toys only Got Licensing to the Empire Strikes Back but not the rest of the Star Wars Series? and they didn't Show Anything But Luke from the Star Wars Franchise and we all know they'll evantually gonna make others, Same as with the MGS Franchise

It seems to be a trend with all these 1/6 companies to completely leave their fans in the dark. It's sad we spend most time in a lot of these discussions asking each other questions that could easily be answered by even subtle community service, but instead we are left without candlelight to guide us through the darkness. It's really frustrating and often times it hurts these companies far more than they think they do and in ways they have no event considered.

I've heard that Hot Toys visits SSF on occasion. It would be nice if someone from their company could post to let us know what's up. Although, I wouldn't hold my breath for that :lol.

Back