Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo erm, could you elaborate what's wrong with this then? Looks well defined for a sculpt to me.

gsdx512x448noneinterlac.png

I miss dem sexy cheekbones :monkey3

MGS3 was too, but not to the level of MGS2. In terms of plot MGS2 was the biggest step up in the series and broke the 4th wall a lot.

I really liked MG3; I mean hiding in the woods and grass; changing camouflage. Checking out Eva's rack when you're supposed to be looking at her face.

And then shooting Ocelot when given the chance, thus ending the game.

Soo erm, could you elaborate what's wrong with this then? Looks well defined for a sculpt to me.

gsdx512x448noneinterlac.png

:lol

Crap man, I already said it was a typo. Look back a few posts. The graphics in MGS2 ARE way better than MGS1. But I don't think they were good enough for an artist to use as reference material to sculpt a life like sculpt. There would be a lot of artist interpreting to fill in the gaps.

The MGS2 model actually looks more real than the MGS3 one :confused:.

Anyway the figures face doesn't look like the CG model at all to me. Its its own beast. I really hate that model so thank goodness

I wish Koji Pro would talk about their plans for the MGS1 2nd remake already. It popped up like a year or more ago and nothing has been said since.

They said they'll do it when they have time. Theyve got Zeroes and project Ogre to worry about now. Im curious as they said if they did it would be a complete remake. I myself wouldn't mind a half remake. Keep everything the same but improve the graphics

If thats was true, couldn't they just reuse the audio from the game disc :dunno

But it begs the question why was that not done in 2004? I will take choppy audio instead of the awful acting of TTS. Jennifer Hale was a shadow of her former self in it, she was awesome in the PSX version.

It was the reason they re-recorded the acting for The Twin Snakes.

I never knew; I played twin snakes on the game cube; crap, I still have the box and discs! However I never had a Playstation back in 98. I still had an SNES. Therefore I never played the original first MGS.

:thud:

I never knew; I played twin snakes on the game cube; crap, I still have the box and discs! However I never had a Playstation back in 98. I still had an SNES. Therefore I never played the original first MGS.

:thud:

Stahp what your doing and buy it off the PSN! NAO! :gah:

I actually have all my original MGS games including the first from when I was in 8th grade when it came out LOL.

I actually have all my original MGS games including the first from when I was in 8th grade when it came out LOL.

Every one except the original PSX is my original, although I should replace my MGS2 SUB since it doesn't work :monkey1

I looked up the Document of MGS2 that you guys were talking about, that is something I need in my life, checked out the character model feature on YouTube and that is worth it right there.

I looked up the Document of MGS2 that you guys were talking about, that is something I need in my life, checked out the character model feature on YouTube and that is worth it right there.

The cutscene where Arsenal Gear goes under the bridge has a character model you can explore, you can see all the details you miss in a few second clip. I got mine for almost nothing at Gamestop years ago and it was used but in awesome shape.

Ain't there another MGS 2 companion game where you play as solid snake throughout; it fills in the gaps and explains where snake was throughout the whole tanker incident.

I think it's MGS2: substance. :dunno

But it begs the question why was that not done in 2004? I will take choppy audio instead of the awful acting of TTS. Jennifer Hale was a shadow of her former self in it, she was awesome in the PSX version.

The reason TTS was re-recorded is that the original recordings were at a lower bitrate that wouldn't blend well with the newer, higher sampler rates of TTS's audio. Also, according to one of the VAs (I can't remember who), the MGS1 voice quality was so unacceptable that Konami could pick up background noises of (ready for this?) TRUCKS ON THE STREET!

I wish I could quote that but that's what I remembered from various interviews and podcasts. Hope that clears the mystery!

Please do. No self respecting MGS fan would be complete without The Doc of MGS2. It's really awesome and opens up a lot of what you'd be normally curious about MGS2.

Last edited:
Back